• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great way to start scuff the day.. At least it was on the 3rd wearing & the cawfee EXCEPTIONAL!
Bunker2.jpg

Bunker1.jpg

11090714.jpg

Saint Crispin's from Leather SOUL!​

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice shoes.
Great way to start scuff the day.. At least it was on the 3rd wearing & the cawfee EXCEPTIONAL!
Bunker2.jpg

Bunker1.jpg

11090714.jpg

Saint Crispin's from Leather SOUL!​

Last edited:

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, it's one for the money,

Florsheimlate40sBlueSuede.jpg

Two for the show,

IMG_0243-1.jpg

Three to get ready,

IMG_0270.jpg

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

1st Pair (Florsheim) turned out to be around a 9 1/2. No size is marked, and I believe them to be Custom/ MTO because of the signature inside. These will be available for sale or trade.

2nd Pair is an ultra cool wingtip. Hard to find Vintage size 11D- on their way Down Under soon.

3rd Pair is somewhat unexpected. Very heavy, weighing over 3 1/2 pounds, and displaying a decorated storm welt. Wholecuts. But the thing that got me was the sole. It is NOT leather. It seems more like Ceramic, and had been worked to a Mirror Shine.

You can burn my house,
Steal my car,
Drink my liquor
From an old fruitjar.

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

But don't you step on my blue suede shoes.
You can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
OK, so this shot definitely does not constitute Appreciation for this thread, but I thought you worthies would be able to recommend me a next shoe, as my mom wants to get me a nice birthday gift:

Pictured are dark brown bluchers and a brown wingtip by Antonio Maurizi, brown suede monks by a.testoni, black monks by magli, and tan bluchers by stefano branchini (going to get a cobbler to round off the toe box on these, as per suggestion of some on this forum).

I also have on the way a pair of the DC Lewis Porters, in a light brown. Options I'm considering:

-Suede oxford Carminas on Simpson last, Spoo-style
-bal boots (side question - i've seen a couple of bal boots with some suede that are effing gorgeous...does this defeat the purpose of having boots as a rough-weather shoe?)
-either oxford or wholecut with a floating medallion...i really like this look, especially the G&G rendition

suggestions among these three? suggestions of others to consider? suggestions for colors?

If it matters, I'm 30 y/o, university professor, wear mostly SCs for a casual professorly look, suits maybe once a month. I wear SCs out socially often as well.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

-bal boots (side question - i've seen a couple of bal boots with some suede that are effing gorgeous...does this defeat the purpose of having boots as a rough-weather shoe?)

this, and no.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great looking blue suede shoes.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Many thanks, friends. My wife is quite disturbed with my new habit of sharing my Appreciation with friends, though...

"in sickness and in health"....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads