1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

agree it is a shame when these like this happen, such a waste of the skin, shoes like this need tobe plain fronted

2. fritzl

fritzl Stylish Dinosaur

better than your sf-shoes, kidding.

that's how it's done. actually, the norweger is very flattering for exotics. no pun intended.

3. noobie

noobie Member

Hi Guys,

Is there a good thread or a guide for polishing your shoes? i have seen some youtube videos but i want some more info and knowledge. Iam using saphire products (creme and pata de lux)

Thank you

4. NOBD

NOBD Distinguished Member

5. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

I think so. I'm not sure which shoes belong to who.

The original penny loafers seem to work even although it is a style that is necessarily constructed of pieces. Mostly because it looks like it was cut as a whole cut and then divided into the pieces required to make a loafer--the tile patterns and sizes look like the pieces were were cut right next to each other.

The oxfords (by the same maker?) posted on the blog and then here illustrate my point. The toe cap on the only shoe shown--the right--is mis-matched to the vamp and the quarters are cut so far away on the skin from where the vamp and toe cap is cut as to almost be a different animal. It becomes a hodge-podge.

The cognac coloured shoes are what prompted my comments. If nothing else, the maker could have taken more time for matching the pieces used in the pair.

Again, all these shoes, with the exception of the loafers, look like patchwork quilts to my eye.

Oh...and I kind of admire the derbies posted by Mr. Monty...but they only support my remarks. Look at the tile patterns, the sizes of the tiles, etc. It works because it matches--it was done with care.

The best use for alligator or croc in my opinion is as a whole cut or a very understated plain toe oxford.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011

6. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Distinguished Member

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

So DWF - you don't like the captoe gator pair?

8. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Thanks everyone, I did not mention the brand as to not taint the feedback. I would never consider insulting our grumpy uncle fritzl by ordering chukkas from him :), I do need to get some Materna's from him as I love the look of those (Gshen's shoes are very nice). These are Trickers, they are obviously english and not as refined as EG but they fit me great, are very comfortable and I love their suede quality and colors. These were MTO'd through Richard at Shoehealer, a lot of the SW&D guys order Trickers boots from him and he was equally adept at helping me with these dressier options. The flush metal plate was done by him (trickers does not offer it), the chukkas have trickers version of a HAF sole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. DWFII

DWFII Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker Dubiously Honored

ThinkDerm,

What makes you think that? :lol:

You still convinced they're pure sugar?

10. ThinkDerm

Ed - why not the edward green versions of the above? do they not fit as well?

11. isshinryu101

12. ThinkDerm

Isshy, that shoe you posted is quite busy, short wing captoe, saddle shoe, and heel counter?

13. isshinryu101

I could've done without the lizard on the heel. The 60's were turbulant times for footwear. I do enjoy the colors, though.

14. Achillus

Achillus Distinguished Member

More suede shoes.