Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

Excuse the amateur-hour photography and the lack of natural light.

[​IMG]

Amazing [​IMG]

2. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

I don't like sophisticated monks.

I'm betting you really hate the Jesuits then. [​IMG]

3. Reborn

Reborn Senior member

Sorry - What I meant was - Please tell us the story of how you obtained these shoes, from start to finish - Did you visit him? Was it bespoke? How long did it take from start to finish?, Cost? Things like that.. [​IMG]

From another post of his in the $300 vs $1000 shoe thread:

4. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I'm betting you really hate the Jesuits then. [​IMG]
    Rimshot worthy. Definitely. Well, not hate; I just don't like them.

5. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

6. UberDyologzz

UberDyologzz Well-Known Member

From another post of his in the $300 vs $1000 shoe thread:

That's about the long and short of it - somehow I think the fact it isn't bespoke will disappoint some, but will also make some happy. [​IMG]

That said, I did get Hidetaka Fukaya's details from the salesman, and will be making a visit to the man himself later on in the year, where I hope to make myself a few pairs of actual bespoke shoes.

7. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Feel free to discuss these [​IMG]

John Lobb Redmire - 7000 last

The pictures don't really do justice to the effect of direct sunlight on these beauties.

I couldn't wait to wear them so these pictures show some slight creasing from the first couple of wears \t[​IMG]

[​IMG]

]

the AS double on the 48 (bottom below) looks verysimilar - love that plummy colour
    [​IMG]

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

That's about the long and short of it - somehow I think the fact it isn't bespoke will disappoint some, but will also make some happy. [​IMG]

That said, I did get Hidetaka Fukaya's details from the salesman, and will be making a visit to the man himself later on in the year, where I hope to make myself a few pairs of actual bespoke shoes.

Thanks - just 2 more questions if you dont mind - price, and fit? Example, if you are typically a US 10, does it fit true?

9. Navi

Navi Senior member

HA! Maybe ugly shoes are like ugly women, they just try harder. Actually I'm a fan (NOT surprising, i'm sure). You KNOW I'd rock these all day long!

You never fail to deliver words of praise whenever somebody posts super ugly "unique" or "crazy" shoes. That is of course when you aren't posting them yourself. Shine on you crazy diamond.
    [​IMG]

10. UberDyologzz

UberDyologzz Well-Known Member

Thanks - just 2 more questions if you dont mind - price, and fit? Example, if you are typically a US 10, does it fit true?

Around or just under 1,000 USD if my calculations are correct. Some models in the line are slightly cheaper, some slightly more expensive [give or take fifty dollars].

As for the fit [where my own feet are concerned], the shoe is just about slightly [and I do mean slightly - a few millimeters around the widest part] wider than the same size in a G&G TG73. I hope this helps.

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Around or just under 1,000 USD if my calculations are correct. Some models in the line are slightly cheaper, some slightly more expensive [give or take fifty dollars].

As for the fit [where my own feet are concerned], the shoe is just about slightly [and I do mean slightly - a few millimeters around the widest part] wider than the same size in a G&G TG73. I hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing the info, and the pics of those wonderful shoes. Enjoy them!

12. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

[​IMG] Love the shoes but I can't believe no one has commented on the rug. I hope Vox is okay. He is missed.

13. srivats

srivats Senior member

the AS double on the 48 (bottom below) looks verysimilar - love that plummy colour
    [​IMG]

Those Alfred Sargents look *really* good.

14. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Back to the shoe at hand, so to speak. I'm not a monk fan and I like these a lot. I guess what you call "sophisticated" appeals to me in this case. To each his own. [​IMG]

Makes sense. I don't think these are overly affected, like the Chapel, which I really don't like. I am a monk fan and like them simple and single.

15. softy

softy Senior member

Makes sense. I don't think these are overly affected, like the Chapel, which I really don't like. I am a monk fan and like them simple and single.

Ah, I see you belong to the "Tintin" school of monk strap philosophy.
    In which case you won't approve of my recent purchases. I think I'm becoming a prima donna lately. [​IMG]