Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

[​IMG]

^ If this guy wore shoes, these are what he'd be sportin' . . .

My favorite Pebble Grain Wingtips. Again, not your "every day" grain, but this'll certainly keep you regular.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

[​IMG]

If??? Of course he wears shoes, that's what shoe trees do[​IMG]

3. meister

meister Senior member

Meister...thank you for your kind words of appreciation

Fritzl said it well...double monks are the ugliest out there

I love this monk and am glad I stayed away from the Goyser stitching

Meister, in case you were wondering, I have a black calf wing tip version of this same monk...and its the most comfortable monk I own. Its not aesthetically pleasing to your tastes...but IMO, these shoes rock [​IMG]

Fair enough...just a comment on the shape ...nuttin' poisonal...that's you and that's beautiful.[​IMG]

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Hai Guys. Got a new camera and though I would take some pictures of the new kicks. Also snapped some pictures of older shoes, but thought I would include those in here as well! What else is one to do with a new camera than take photos to upload on teh StyleForvm. So a package arrived, and inside were these beautiful bags... [​IMG] But inside the bags... [​IMG] [​IMG] Seamless! [​IMG] [​IMG] And a fit pic. [​IMG] And on to the other pr0n... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Compared with my older pics I am pretty pleased! [​IMG]

5. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Some nice shoes you got! [​IMG]

6. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

[​IMG]

true that - real oak bark soles

7. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Excellent photography & excellent shoes. I really like these, a classic style. That toe and top stitch is beautifully done. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior member

Sponsored by Adobe?

Nope they are just a really crazy color of green. They are made by Happy Socks. I got them as part of a 2-pack of green socks on joyofsocks.com. The other green color is more of a hunter green.

The photo was taken with my iPhone but the color is pretty true-to-life.

9. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

And a fit pic.

[​IMG]

nice score, wear them in good health

10. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

Excellent photography & excellent shoes. I really like these, a classic style. That toe and top stitch is beautifully done.

Thanks isshinryu, I really like yours as well. I have been debating buying a more 'Italianate' shoe for a while, particularly one with norvegese stitching, and those shoes that you have are kind of what I have been looking for. I will keep the thread updated on my quest!

Some nice shoes you got! [​IMG]

Thank you! Not bad for a 23 year old eh? (I have been collecting since I was ~18 or so).

nice score, wear them in good health

Thanks fritzl, I am proud to finally own a pair of shoes that are fritzl approved. This is my first foray into the A-H shoe 'world,' and I have to say, I prefer these to pretty much any shoe that I own. They just have so much charm... a word I never thought I would use to describe a shoe! They just feel handmade, if that makes any sense. Like someone actually spent time crafting them. I look forward to visiting Austria (I hope) this summer, and possibly visiting some other shoemakers of the A-H ilk.

11. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Thanks fritzl, I am proud to finally own a pair of shoes that are fritzl approved. This is my first foray into the A-H shoe 'world,' and I have to say, I prefer these to pretty much any shoe that I own. They just have so much charm... a word I never thought I would use to describe a shoe! They just feel handmade, if that makes any sense. Like someone actually spent time crafting them. I look forward to visiting Austria (I hope) this summer, and possibly visiting some other shoemakers of the A-H ilk.

you're welcome.

i'm really glad for you, that you took the chance to discover, what i've been talking about ever since.

when you have your travel dates available, please let me know, probably we can have a drink, if you don't mind.

12. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Nope they are just a really crazy color of green. They are made by Happy Socks. I got them as part of a 2-pack of green socks on joyofsocks.com. The other green color is more of a hunter green.

The photo was taken with my iPhone but the color is pretty true-to-life.

Wow.

13. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

X post from Vass thread. Definitely not enough monk discussion at the moment.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ Shit, those are nice Stephen. Newcomer, you have that arsenal at 23??? [​IMG]

15. Newcomer

Newcomer Senior member

^ Shit, those are nice Stephen. Newcomer, you have that arsenal at 23??? [​IMG]
    Combination of several factors really. Working for a clothing company throughout college and getting free clothes, having zero expenses and college scholarships / law school scholarships, and working since I was fourteen. Everyone has their hobbies. Really, as long as one waits and rewards themselves every once in a while, the damage is not terrible! Also, I was fortunate enough to score those Vass from B&S and the G&G's from Edwards of Machester during the 'low pound' period a year and a bit ago. The G&G's were ~<800 if I am not mistaken with trees! And my folks / lady friends have known what to get me for birthdays / christmases / graduations for quite some time!