• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by srivats
+1. Love these two pairs. Proportions are perfect.

+2. They both seem to be substantial but don't have the heavy look that I associate with Alden double-soled shoes.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not really a fan of black shoes but these are ridiculously good looking. I wish EG was within my pay grade. Picture is from blog.leffot.com
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg

Trojanman74

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mannix
pics032.jpg

just found these at my returns store in perfect condition. quite a beautiful color for a brand ive never bought anything from. thanks for giving them a name big bris

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
These might be the best 2 pairs of Vass I've ever seen. WANT.

+ whatever

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not great photos but they'll have to do.

Trickers I picked up in a local charity (thrift) shop at the weekend, probably only worn a couple of times from the condition. I wasn't going to say no for £6 and the price of a pair of laces.

No idea of age or model - if there are any Trickers experts I can post the codes written on the inside - not sure which are the model and which are the last.

TRICKERS_MAIN.jpg

TRICKERS_SIDE.jpg

TRICKERS_TOP.jpg

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
IMG_4276.jpg

I've never been a fan of Alden, but these are purchase-worthy for sure!

My only issue is the sole treatment, like someone else said. I wish they would have smoothed out the leather on the sole edges more, so they wouldn't look as rough and raw. Since the double sole is such a higher percentage of the shoe that you do see, compared to single soled, it needs to be smoother and more refined. It wouldn't be as big a deal if the upper was Scotch grain, but it certainly does with shell.
My opinion, of course. Awesome shoes, regardless!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aon
My first English made shoes.. Joseph Cheaney for Lane Crawford. I was supposed to buy c&j westbourne but I need a pair of dark brown captoes. Hope I made the right decision. What can you say about the quality of these shoes?

DSC_0145.jpg

Wow, these are lovely. Great overall shape and the color is perfect.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
My only issue is the sole treatment, like someone else said. I wish they would have smoothed out the leather on the sole edges more, so they wouldn't look as rough and raw. Since the double sole is such a higher percentage of the shoe that you do see, compared to single soled, it needs to be smoother and more refined. It wouldn't be as big a deal if the upper was Scotch grain, but it certainly does with shell.
My opinion, of course. Awesome shoes, regardless!

I believe these are crepe soles, not leather, hence the rough and raw look of the sole edges.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reevolving
These must be on the "Lechter" last? Wow, almost as ugly as those CG/C&J loafers with the green ribbon....
First time seeing shoes with laces? or is it because they're wholecuts?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne
I believe these are crepe soles, not leather, hence the rough and raw look of the sole edges.

Well that makes sense.

greekgeek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
Fedex showed up very early today.
smile.gif

IMG_4277.jpg

Wow, these are incredible.
bounce2.gif
I really like that sole too. When I first tried it I was concerned it would wear down too quickly but that has not been the case at all and it is very comfortable.

cwh812

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
I am not really a fan of black shoes but these are ridiculously good looking. I wish EG was within my pay grade.

Picture is from blog.leffot.com

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

What would people think of pebble grain in the above? I'm looking for a more casual shoe to go with jeans. Does pebble work with the Westminster? Any ideas how to make them more casual? Double sole?

Edit: also does anyone know of a thread I can bounce shoe ideas around?

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cwh812
What would people think of pebble grain in the above? I'm looking for a more casual shoe to go with jeans. Does pebble work with the Westminster? Any ideas how to make them more casual? Double sole?

Edit: also does anyone know of a thread I can bounce shoe ideas around?

You mean like these?

IMG_3926.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads