Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. clausc

clausc Senior member

Thanks. [​IMG] I am quite happy for the price. These aren't high end shoes at all, but I like the aesthetic which I would find elsewere too, but at a much higher price point.
    I suppose they are fine as entry level shoes, but I do not think they can be compared to AS/Grenson/Church's/C&J and other English shoes. I read about the brand (Markowski) in Monsieur magazine before Marcos Fernandez launched the website, it created some buzz on the French forums (Depiedencap, souliers.net). The shoes are made in Spain and Portugal. They even have some cordovan models (300 euro). Good prices for GY constructed shoes, but the leather is not so great. I'd like to visit their showroom in Paris, but I'm afraid I'll be disapointed as with Bexley.

2. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I just picked up these Brooks English, which, after consultation in the maker's thread, appear to be made by Cheaney. I've been wanting a good pair of black punch caps, and these are exactly the sort of thing I wanted. I'm not sure how old they are. I've included a picture of the shoe box label, which has detached from the box. That isn't the original price (it's the top of a stack of price tags).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. greekgeek

greekgeek Senior member

[​IMG]

These look great!

4. onix

onix Senior member

New Acquisition: a whole cut in summer color

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. srivats

srivats Senior member

I just picked up these Brooks English, which, after consultation in the maker's thread, appear to be made by Cheaney. I've been wanting a good pair of black punch caps, and these are exactly the sort of thing I wanted. I'm not sure how old they are. I've included a picture of the shoe box label, which has detached from the box. That isn't the original price (it's the top of a stack of price tags).

They look great, Alan.

6. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

[​IMG]

Sleek slick.

7. adagio

adagio Senior member

New Acquisition: a whole cut in summer color [​IMG]
    Are these Barker Blacks? If yes, do you happen to know the model name/ref number?

8. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

I just picked up these Brooks English, which, after consultation in the maker's thread, appear to be made by Cheaney.

Look like Cheaney to me. Nice shoes.

9. ManofKent

ManofKent Senior member

[​IMG]

Are these Barker Blacks? If yes, do you happen to know the model name/ref number?

Don't look like Barker to me. Lovely shoes.

10. Sebastian

Sebastian Senior member

I suppose they are fine as entry level shoes, but I do not think they can be compared to AS/Grenson/Church's/C&J and other English shoes.
    I read about the brand (Markowski) in Monsieur magazine before Marcos Fernandez launched the website, it created some buzz on the French forums (Depiedencap, souliers.net). The shoes are made in Spain and Portugal. They even have some cordovan models (300 euro). Good prices for GY constructed shoes, but the leather is not so great.
    I'd like to visit their showroom in Paris, but I'm afraid I'll be disapointed as with Bexley.

Well, they cost half or less compared to the shoes you named.
    No long time experience of course, but my untrained eye can't tell a difference regarding leather quality when I compare them to my English made shoes.

I think they offer a nice price value relation and are great looking.

You should check them out in Paris, I would be interested to hear another opinion on the shoes. The guys at depiedencap rate Markowski higher than Bexley, Finsbury and the likes of it.

Personally I would be interested how the leather quaity of their higher line (costing 245€ compares) to their standard models.

11. JohnnyCrockett

JohnnyCrockett Senior member

I just picked up these Brooks English, which, after consultation in the maker's thread, appear to be made by Cheaney. I've been wanting a good pair of black punch caps, and these are exactly the sort of thing I wanted. I'm not sure how old they are. I've included a picture of the shoe box label, which has detached from the box. That isn't the original price (it's the top of a stack of price tags). [​IMG]
    Are you sure these aren't Church's? I thought Churchs made BrooksEnglish. FWIW, the sole looks exactly like Church's.

12. onix

onix Senior member

Sleek slick.
    Don't look like Barker to me. Lovely shoes.
    Thanks. They're not Barker Black (I just like their lacing). They're Barrett (as discussed here).

13. adagio

adagio Senior member

Nice! thanks for the info.

14. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Today before my Vash arrived..
    [​IMG]

15. glenjay

glenjay Senior member

[​IMG]

These are stunning! You will be so cool this summer, in more ways than one.