• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Groover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
i wonder how different the finishing would be IE waist treatment etc

is this including VAT ETC?

Yeah good question, the stock dover comes with a double leather sole all the way through (not HAF) so I guess the waist is relatively flat.

Assuming you went for a double leather sole the options on the waist would be somewhat limited. I would expect EG to encourage a HAF sole if you wanted something doing, IE nails, bevelling etc.

I'm down in London in a couple of weeks, If I get chance I'll try and pop in to see what they suggest.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrmax
img0730sm.jpg

Carmina midnight cordovan monks MTO.

Originally Posted by forex
^^Those Carmina are nice,can you post more shots? How do you go about placing MTO order?

Yeah, those are purtty! I'd like to see a breast photo and an ass photo as well.

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrmax
Thanks. Will try and take more this week...

I have been working with Carmina in Madrid for quite a few years. I place orders with them directly.

Can you describe midnight? Dark navy? dark gray?

ajv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
If only it had a silver buckle
musicboohoo[1].gif

Very easy to change, that buckle.....

Adrian

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv

Adrian

I actually much prefer the brass buckle. Looks more old school in my opinion. And also my wedding ring is gold so I prefer any trinkets to match that.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv

Adrian

+1

kal249

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Groover
cheers.gif

Dover in Edwardian? How much are TD now?

Hi
I've just ordered a MTO Dover and the charge was £860 (the prices have just gone up)
top drawer must be at least £1300 now

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajv
Very easy to change, that buckle..... Adrian
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
I actually much prefer the brass buckle. Looks more old school in my opinion. And also my wedding ring is gold so I prefer any trinkets to match that.
Originally Posted by fritzl
+1
Perhaps my humor was lost in an old thread referring to a pair of blue Vass. Anyway, buckle looks great with that color combination. And yes, gentleman, I know you can change a buckle.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps my humor was lost in an old thread referring to a pair of blue Vass.

that what came to my mind first. gdl and monty, iirc. you haven't been nice to me in the past, so why should i care about your sense of humor. nvm.

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
that what came to my mind first. gdl and monty, iirc. you haven't been nice to me in the past, so why should i care about your sense of humor. nvm.

I don't know what you are referring to but I think you've got me mistaken for someone else

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kal249
Hi
I've just ordered a MTO Dover and the charge was £860 (the prices have just gone up)

Is this with or without VAT. If it is without VAT then the price for us Americans is £732. This is still steep for the pair of shoes I must admit that the EG prices are slowly turning me away from their offerings. IMHO for those prices I am better off visiting Austro-Hungarians and getting fully bespoke shoes.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know what you are referring to but I think you've got me mistaken for someone else

surely not. but it doesn't bother me anymore...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads