Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Haters gonna hate the black, but I love them.

2. Siwash

Siwash Senior member

In London today, so picked up my Greshams kopped during the sale a few weeks back. Wore them out the door and headed straight to Cleverley. Amazingly, they still had a few Anthony Cleverleys on sale in my size, was tempted by a 3-eyelet derby but passed. I'm really, really digging the Greshams... may have to double dip in another color. [​IMG]

btw, also spent 4 hours at the AS factory with Chay. Will post pictorial on the AS thread....

Love these!! thinking of getting some MTO in Antique Burgundy with a medallion...

3. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

These shoes look ruined in black...but thanks for posting the good pics...and thanks to PB for providing a venue for us haters.

Perhaps his next pair could be in Chestnut or some odd band aid color which RJMan or FNB would approve of

4. nice1take5

nice1take5 Well-Known Member

Some pairs from the recent trip to Barcelona. Nothing crazy, just some essentials: [​IMG] Santoni (Goodyear) [​IMG] Cordowainer [​IMG] Mayol Bonus Shots: [​IMG] Santoni selection @ Santa Eulalia [​IMG] Mayol Zapateria

5. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

[​IMG]

Those monk straps[​IMG]

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Those monk straps[​IMG]

+126 Those are so going to be my next shoe.

7. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ha, not even close. I am more along the lines of a binger/purger.

lol must be fun to go drinking with you then hahaha[​IMG]

8. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

9. chet31

chet31 Senior member

Many thanks...need to check these out when I go to my local C&J dealer.

Who is your local dealer (I am not having a lot of luck finding a comprehensive list of C&J USA dealers)?

10. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Who is your local dealer (I am not having a lot of luck finding a comprehensive list of C&J USA dealers)?

Barney's

11. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Yes, the irrational black hate is crazy.

And my God, he says that he may get another pair in a different color anyways.

I may not have picked black as my first choice of color, but these are fine.

And I also have a distinct feeling that he has many of the basic necessities covered in his shoe closet[​IMG]

Were these his only air of shoes or boots, I would not have gone with black. But obviously these were just a pair that he liked and will add to his others.

I am not a massive shoe collector, though I sure enjoy them.

I will say that since I have become active in SF, I have probably bought 1 pair of black shoes and 9 pair of other colors ( primarily browns ). Pre-SF it probably would have been 6 or 7 black pair and 3 or 4 other colors. To this day I don't see anything wrong with wearing a pair of black bals with a charcoal suit. But now I think that dark brown, chestnut, cordovan, etc. looks better. YMMV

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

exactly. in this case black is a perfect match with his recent napoli su misura commisions.

I will say that since I have become active in SF, I have probably bought 1 pair of black shoes and 9 pair of other colors ( primarily browns ). Pre-SF it probably would have been 6 or 7 black pair and 3 or 4 other colors. To this day I don't see anything wrong with wearing a pair of black bals with a charcoal suit. But now I think that dark brown, chestnut, cordovan, etc. looks better. YMMV

what else would you wear with a charcoal suit?

certainly, i can see the other colours as i own most of them in different shades, though it really depends on the occassion and environment.

13. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Barney's
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Chicago barney's won't carry them [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

And my God, he says that he may get another pair in a different color anyways.

I may not have picked black as my first choice of color, but these are fine.

And I also have a distinct feeling that he has many of the basic necessities covered in his shoe closet[​IMG]

Were these his only air of shoes or boots, I would not have gone with black. But obviously these were just a pair that he liked and will add to his others.

I am not a massive shoe collector, though I sure enjoy them.

I like looking at brown shoes, displayed, but I am not a fan of them "worn". It doesn't make sense to a lot of people including myself, but to this day I have only ever worn black shoes. I can't see it changing anytime soon. It is just my thing.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ you're missing out. At least you could give a dark brown or dark burgundy a shot with navy and grey. I'm thinking you may become addicted.