Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

Haters gonna hate the black, but I love them.

2. Siwash

Siwash Senior member

In London today, so picked up my Greshams kopped during the sale a few weeks back. Wore them out the door and headed straight to Cleverley. Amazingly, they still had a few Anthony Cleverleys on sale in my size, was tempted by a 3-eyelet derby but passed. I'm really, really digging the Greshams... may have to double dip in another color. [​IMG]

btw, also spent 4 hours at the AS factory with Chay. Will post pictorial on the AS thread....

Love these!! thinking of getting some MTO in Antique Burgundy with a medallion...

3. Michael Ay329

Michael Ay329 Senior member

These shoes look ruined in black...but thanks for posting the good pics...and thanks to PB for providing a venue for us haters.

Perhaps his next pair could be in Chestnut or some odd band aid color which RJMan or FNB would approve of

4. nice1take5

nice1take5 Well-Known Member

Some pairs from the recent trip to Barcelona. Nothing crazy, just some essentials: [​IMG] Santoni (Goodyear) [​IMG] Cordowainer [​IMG] Mayol Bonus Shots: [​IMG] Santoni selection @ Santa Eulalia [​IMG] Mayol Zapateria

5. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

[​IMG]

Those monk straps[​IMG]

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Those monk straps[​IMG]

+126 Those are so going to be my next shoe.

7. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ha, not even close. I am more along the lines of a binger/purger.

lol must be fun to go drinking with you then hahaha[​IMG]

8. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

9. chet31

chet31 Senior member

Many thanks...need to check these out when I go to my local C&J dealer.

Who is your local dealer (I am not having a lot of luck finding a comprehensive list of C&J USA dealers)?

10. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Who is your local dealer (I am not having a lot of luck finding a comprehensive list of C&J USA dealers)?

Barney's

11. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Yes, the irrational black hate is crazy.

And my God, he says that he may get another pair in a different color anyways.

I may not have picked black as my first choice of color, but these are fine.

And I also have a distinct feeling that he has many of the basic necessities covered in his shoe closet[​IMG]

Were these his only air of shoes or boots, I would not have gone with black. But obviously these were just a pair that he liked and will add to his others.

I am not a massive shoe collector, though I sure enjoy them.

I will say that since I have become active in SF, I have probably bought 1 pair of black shoes and 9 pair of other colors ( primarily browns ). Pre-SF it probably would have been 6 or 7 black pair and 3 or 4 other colors. To this day I don't see anything wrong with wearing a pair of black bals with a charcoal suit. But now I think that dark brown, chestnut, cordovan, etc. looks better. YMMV

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

exactly. in this case black is a perfect match with his recent napoli su misura commisions.

I will say that since I have become active in SF, I have probably bought 1 pair of black shoes and 9 pair of other colors ( primarily browns ). Pre-SF it probably would have been 6 or 7 black pair and 3 or 4 other colors. To this day I don't see anything wrong with wearing a pair of black bals with a charcoal suit. But now I think that dark brown, chestnut, cordovan, etc. looks better. YMMV

what else would you wear with a charcoal suit?

certainly, i can see the other colours as i own most of them in different shades, though it really depends on the occassion and environment.

13. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Barney's
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Chicago barney's won't carry them [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

And my God, he says that he may get another pair in a different color anyways.

I may not have picked black as my first choice of color, but these are fine.

And I also have a distinct feeling that he has many of the basic necessities covered in his shoe closet[​IMG]

Were these his only air of shoes or boots, I would not have gone with black. But obviously these were just a pair that he liked and will add to his others.

I am not a massive shoe collector, though I sure enjoy them.

I like looking at brown shoes, displayed, but I am not a fan of them "worn". It doesn't make sense to a lot of people including myself, but to this day I have only ever worn black shoes. I can't see it changing anytime soon. It is just my thing.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

^ you're missing out. At least you could give a dark brown or dark burgundy a shot with navy and grey. I'm thinking you may become addicted.