• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NORE
Malverns were never on the market, they were especially made for me
smile.gif

so you sold the "one"
frown.gif
but kept the box
rotflmao.gif
cheers.gif

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New arrivals. John Lobb Chambord in dark brown meleze buffalo ( soft pebblegrain). nice sturdy soles on these. Problem is, I also have a pair of EG pingrain Dover. Two similar, yet different shoes, as the Dover is on the 82 last with a leather sole, while the Lobb is on the 8695 with the dainite. Hard to justify so much cash wrapped up here, so one may go up for sale, I just don't know how to choose!
IMG_1807.jpg
IMG_1808.jpg
IMG_1809.jpg
vs. the EG Dover recently acquired, argh!!
IMG_1670.jpg

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Both are stunning. Although I am a Lobb freak, I give the edge to the Dover. Just something about it! Also, iirc, the Lobb is from the classic line not the prestige so that makes the decision much easier. This time, EG wins.

IMO, EG > Lobb Classic. Lobb Prestige > EG. EG TD > *

Originally Posted by theyare
New arrivals. John Lobb Chambord in dark brown meleze buffalo ( soft pebblegrain). nice sturdy soles on these.

Problem is, I also have a pair of EG pingrain Dover. Two similar, yet different shoes, as the Dover is on the 82 last with a leather sole, while the Lobb is on the 8695 with the dainite. Hard to justify so much cash wrapped up here, so one may go up for sale, I just don't know how to choose!

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

vs. the EG Dover recently acquired, argh!!
IMG_1670.jpg

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
theyare are you going for aportnoy's mantle??

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xiaogou
Both are stunning. Although I am a Lobb freak, I give the edge to the Dover. Just something about it! Also, iirc, the Lobb is from the classic line not the prestige so that makes the decision much easier. This time, EG wins.

IMO, EG > Lobb Classic. Lobb Prestige > EG. EG TD > *

Thanks, I think it may come down to the functionality. The Lobbs are a great crossover that I can wear casually with jeans, khakis, for bad weather and even ge away with a suit.
The sleekness of the EG 82 might limit the casual aspect of them.

Originally Posted by luk-cha
theyare are you going for aportnoy's mantle??

Ha, not even close. I am more along the lines of a binger/purger.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not everyone's cup of tea, but some nice Tom Ford burgundy captoes...

IMG_1817.jpg

Did you find you had to size up in these? I found them to run very small / narrow.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMG_1821.jpg

Not everyone's cup of tea? Feh! They're freakin' gorgeous. Congrats!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The shoes look good, and the heel doesn 't appear to be too high as I've seen on other TF shoes. I like them.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In London today, so picked up my Greshams kopped during the sale a few weeks back. Wore them out the door and headed straight to Cleverley. Amazingly, they still had a few Anthony Cleverleys on sale in my size, was tempted by a 3-eyelet derby but passed. I'm really, really digging the Greshams... may have to double dip in another color.
laugh.gif

btw, also spent 4 hours at the AS factory with Chay. Will post pictorial on the AS thread....

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
n1a4pg.jpg

whiskey nst

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads