• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Really? Which terminal? Are they on duty free and what are the prices like?

I'm afraid I don't remember what terminal...it's actually part of the Hermes store there, they partitioned one larger store into Hermes and JL. The prices are duty free but I can't say that they're significantly different from US. But they do have models that I didn't see in the US such as these WII's and the 2010 St Crepin

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jangofett
Really? Which terminal? Are they on duty free and what are the prices like?

Originally Posted by HRoi
I'm afraid I don't remember what terminal...it's actually part of the Hermes store there, they partitioned one larger store into Hermes and JL. The prices are duty free but I can't say that they're significantly different from US. But they do have models that I didn't see in the US such as these WII's and the 2010 St Crepin

The Hermes concession is in terminal 1. The best way for me to describe its location is the "T" intersection once you pass security. If you face the long extension which I believe starts with gate 20 going through gate 70, the Hermes will be immediately behind you amongst that concentration of shops. It may be next to the Cartier or Bottega, IIRC.

I saw the 2010 St. Crepin there myself 2 weeks ago... didn't care for it.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
28ta38.jpg

ravello wt boots

Tobacco Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by isshinryu101
Santoni Ltd Edition Wholecut w/ Bentivegna stitching in antique brown

IMG_9028.jpg

IMG_9033.jpg

IMG_9037.jpg

IMG_9041.jpg

I usually don't like wholecuts, too "elegant" of a style for me. The Bentivegna stitch toughens them up, I think.

Nice. I agree that the stitching makes them look less formal.
fing02[1].gif

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, but not sure how I feel about the stitching on the wholecuts. I guess I normally envision wholecuts to be the ne plus ultra of sleek and elegant shoes. To me the stitching takes away from that image I have.

With that said, they look well made, and if they suit your tastes, congratulations on your new purchase! Wear them in good health.

Jangofett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
The Hermes concession is in terminal 1. The best way for me to describe its location is the "T" intersection once you pass security. If you face the long extension which I believe starts with gate 20 going through gate 70, the Hermes will be immediately behind you amongst that concentration of shops. It may be next to the Cartier or Bottega, IIRC.

I saw the 2010 St. Crepin there myself 2 weeks ago... didn't care for it.

I've been to the new Terminal but not the first one probably.
But after I get in through immigration, can I move from one terminal to the other?

I think this is an excellent idea.

I recall seeing Bally at airports but not the kind of shoes styleforum would embrace like JL and JL
certainly is of better quality than Bally. Also, I believe Japanese businessmen would grab them at normal US or UK price and it should be costly to get them in Japan. Maybe I should set up a business selling mens shoes like On Peddar but with EG, GG, JL, Corthays, Vass etc. Even with normal US or UK pricing, they should be cheaper than what the Japanese pay for in Tokyo.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL at the smeared suede

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
LOL at the smeared suede
I don't think it looks that bad when it's done right... but you can't just patch it onto a couple of spots. The whole shoe needs to be distressed suede.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are right about the suede. They have some other more normal designs
sc-y-b07-ele_bck_1.jpg

But anybody familiar with this maker (SC Napoli)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads