Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Me believe you.
    thank you
    Me have high toe box in some older shoes, none look mess like that, not even close. Symptom of average fit and lesser quality leather could be.
    the height of the toebox is a factor. asian feet tend to be rather flat in the forefoot. english made shoes mostly only have a half sockliner. if you don't compensate the height the logical effect are ripplings. another factor are the "wrong" trees. don't know about the leather quality of said shoes.

2. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Have been rocking teh Vash Budapester lately...the look is growing on me... the quality and comfort are first rate.

[​IMG]

a classic

3. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

the height of the toebox is a factor.

asian feet tend to be rather flat in the forefoot. english made shoes mostly only have a half insole. if you don't compensate the height the logical effect are ripplings.

another factor are the "wrong" trees.

don't know about the leather quality of said shoes.

Do you really believe this? Was this knowledge shared by more than yourself before you made this post?

4. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

Care to explain why? I see two pairs of shoes well worn and well-cared-for by the owners. The antiquing does not look artificial at all.

Here are some better pictures from the LS website:

[​IMG][​IMG]

It's Fritzl. He does not like anything that can't take some hay in them.

5. Son Of Saphir

Son Of Saphir Senior member

[​IMG]

very very funny comment. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Do you really believe this? Was this knowledge shared by more than yourself before you made this post?

S T F U

7. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

It's kolecho.

whatever floats your boat...

8. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

thank you
    asian feet tend to be rather flat in the forefoot.

Zo, fritzl - the inscrutable Asian feet, eh?

9. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Zo, fritzl - the inscrutable Asian feet, eh?

eh, who said that, eh... gosh

10. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Boy it is tough having a different taste on this forum. The groupthink police will not rest until every single dissident is taken down !

11. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

Boy it is tough having a different taste on this forum. The groupthink police will not rest until every single dissident is taken down !
    nothing wrong with groupthink, but not when people are clueless i.e. vass belongs to the austro-hungarian school like Scheer, Materna, Balint etc.,... ...and wear AE seconds [​IMG] i'm also not the guy, who has a problem to find shoes that fit... btw, my difference in taste is smaller than most might think, so what?

12. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

asian feet tend to be rather flat in the forefoot. english made shoes mostly only have a half insole. if you don't compensate the height the logical effect are ripplings.

another factor are the "wrong" trees.

[​IMG]

Voilá!

What caused those ripples, 'Asian feet', 'half an insole' (what's that?) or 'wrong trees'? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I don't think it's the dissent, it's just that fritzl only likes one type of shoe, thinks that only that one type of shoe looks best regardless of the outfit and also make some bizarre fit/construction comments over and over. There are many things favored by the forum that I do not like, but I don't beat people over the head with it.

14. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

I don't think it's the dissent, it's just that fritzl only likes one type of shoe, thinks that only that one type of shoe looks best regardless of the outfit and also make some bizarre fit/construction comments over and over. There are many things favored by the forum that I do not like, but I don't beat people over the head with it.
    sorry, but you should know better... it's an interpretation and i can tell you it is not true. i.e. i like button boots, chelseas, jodhpurs, norweger, budapester, laxenburger, etc. beside my favorite style. true is, that i make comments with tongue in cheek... you don't beat people. that's the joke of the century [​IMG] thanks for playing

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It seems to be super and within the behavioral rules of the forum to say you love something, that it looks fantastic and is making you drool. It doesn't seem OK to say that you don't like something or that it looks off to you, unless it's the kind of stuff that the groupthink agrees is despicable (Kenneth Cole lol, JAB suits rofl) . As soon as you voice one contrarian view, seven dudes (including 5 noobs) will jump on your back asking you to break down your position over the next two pages: what do you mean? what exactly don't you like? this is not true sir! to finally conclude that, well, this is an opinon (personal preference) - duh!

Next time someone posts that he likes something, let's all make sure we ask him to explain why and according to what objective rules of aesthetic this statement could possibly hold. If possible, using lines and circles on photos and diagrams.

Regarding fritzl, I think by now it should be pretty clear to us what he likes and dislikes, no? Why always jump on him every time he voices these same opinions ?