1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

2. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

awesome shoes....are you familar with cj shoes?

closer to the belgrave 337 or 348?

Closer to 337 - not as long as 348, more balanced proportions.

3. madstaxbro

madstaxbro Senior member

Is there a reason the toes are so square?
    Comfort last in likelihood. Also Andrew W are those patterned wholecuts in your second upload a commissioned work? They'd look amazing if you ever decide to sell any more like that pair.

4. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

5. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Definitely the bomb. They look immaculate. Details of last, style and price plz? thanx

Price from The Armoury (HK based store run by fellow SF'ers yfyf and toiletduck) is approx $500 + shipping from HK. See the link to the Armoury at the top of this page.

Last is called the Simpson last, it's a chiseled toe last, similar in shape to the C&J 337 last - not as elongated as the C&J 348 last. It has very balanced proportions which I like. Seems to be a last of average width, not particularly narrow or wide (they have an Inca last which I'm told is wider and an Alcudia last which I'm told is narrower although it's not obvious from the pics.)

Style as you can see is the classic semi-brogue - this is the type of shoe that goes with anything.

6. jbuffone

jbuffone Well-Known Member

A lot of text and no pics recently.

[​IMG]

deets on these?

7. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]
    ravello wt

Who is the maker of these?

9. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

Alden by the looks of thing

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Alden by the looks of thing

Maybe, but they have a flat welt, and it doesn't look like the Barrie last. I feel like you don't often see Alden's with flat welts. I guess just the short wing on some sort of other last.

11. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Senior member

12. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

A pair of Saint Crispins to start off the New Year. These are by far the best shoes that I have ever own, including Edward Greens and John Lobbs.

Nice! They look gorgeous. Out of curiosity, what separates them from JL and EG? The fit? The construction?

13. tchoy

tchoy Senior member

Nice! They look gorgeous. Out of curiosity, what separates them from JL and EG? The fit? The construction?

Thanks David, I have to say both. My feet are good candidate for bespoke shoes but living in Sydney is logiscally impossible. I am what are typical Asian feet wider at the forefeet and narrow heels and the left is wider than the right. Through a very competent fitter, I was able to use a stock last and add fitting pieces to the forefeet and also making the left shoe slightly wider. The outcome was exceptional to me a close to bespoke shoe without the price and all this took eight weeks. I have a pair of EG on order since June and still don't have them.

As for constructions to my untrained eye. The leather SC uses are slightly better than EG and JL. The way they make the shoe the arch has a stiffer support than other English makers. For me this stops the arch from collapsing after prolong use through the years. The antiques finish is also exceptional.

You can say I am pretty thrilled with the SC shoes. Have to say the people at SC and the agent here in Sydney has been fantastic. They will bend over backwards to try to accommodate you on getting a better fitting shoes

14. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

On my St Crispins, the arch is really the star of the show

15. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Price from The Armoury (HK based store run by fellow SF'ers yfyf and toiletduck) is approx $500 + shipping from HK. See the link to the Armoury at the top of this page.

Last is called the Simpson last, it's a chiseled toe last, similar in shape to the C&J 337 last - not as elongated as the C&J 348 last. It has very balanced proportions which I like. Seems to be a last of average width, not particularly narrow or wide (they have an Inca last which I'm told is wider and an Alcudia last which I'm told is narrower although it's not obvious from the pics.)

Style as you can see is the classic semi-brogue - this is the type of shoe that goes with anything.

Thnks Fidel - this is good news. I contacted Carmina directly and was quoted a much higher price. The shoes look great and that last suits this oxford style.

16. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

alden

17. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

18. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    color 4 and black saddle

19. Fraiche

Fraiche Senior member

[​IMG]
    color 4 and black saddle

Dual colored shoes (or whatever they're called) ain't my thang but those are spectacular.

20. NORE

NORE Senior member