• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer
Here is some pron and some thanks to StyleForum for guiding me over the past year. And without further ado...

Let's start with a little bit of Pre SF shoe damage:

Photoon2010-09-21at2140.jpg

And finally, some G&Gs!

Photoon2010-09-21at21312.jpg

Not too shabby for a 22 year old
smile.gif

Not too shabby for a 62 year old, even
laugh.gif

Nice montage - and nice of you not to dwell on how the SF helped guide you out of your $!

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Style Forum might not help you make money, but it will sure show you how to spend it right.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Style Forum might not help you make money, but it will sure show you how to spend it right.

This.

Honestly, if I did not spend my money on shoes and such, then I probably would spend it on much sillier things... and I do enough of that already! I also am still on my parents dime, so I might as well spend my money on something productive. I figure I will need all this stuff eventually when I am out in the work force.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A good rationalization is that you are helping the poor economy, and also you could be spending it on drugs or something.

Too bad 99% of the money I spend on clothes goes to England, or Paris...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newcomer

i guess the AE's are not seconds...

i like the slaps, never heard this name for loafers, best. they are pretty nice.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good eye on the AEs. They are definitely not seconds, alas.

And the sloops are from Will:

store.dynend.com

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Geoff Gander
No, definitely not. And it's good to see that you wear them, too. On pavement.

I wouldn't go that far!
laugh.gif

Geoff Gander

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jhcam8
I wouldn't go that far!
laugh.gif

You're right - baby steps first. Start on shag rugs, then work your way up to industrial carpeting, and then (only if you're brave enough) step out onto pavement.
laugh.gif

I'm cruel to my shoes that way, I suppose. But I've given up trying to use the polished soles of my shoes as shaving mirrors.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're right - baby steps first. Start on shag rugs, then work your way up to industrial carpeting, and then (only if you're brave enough) step out onto pavement.
laugh.gif

I'm cruel to my shoes that way, I suppose. But I've given up trying to use the polished soles of my shoes as shaving mirrors.

A man after my own heart!

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If SF had been around when I was in first year (at home), who knows what I would have bought.

If SF had been around in first years of my life, I would have been the smartest kid in the play pen.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received today a pair of Cheaney chukka boots from a reputable ebay seller (Anand). The seller was mentioning a retail price of £275.00 and I was thinking the Signature range. I contacted Sheila from Cheaney and she warned me that these might be subs (they are, but I see no defects) and are from the recently updated Cheaney of England collection. The model is Crawley. I could find it only on this website. These are on the same last as my Burton chelsea boots I was wearing today, The Crowley will replace my Loake Kemptons in suede and with the brown CJ Tetbury will be my favourite wet days fall/winter shoes thanks to the Dainite soles. They seem to be almost as well built as the Tetbury and have a similar elongated last. Here are some pics of the Crowley chukka + Burton chelsea boots and some unworn Lester derbies from the Cheaney Signature collection
1019267987_6jXra-M.jpg
Cheaney Crowley
1019268396_ctdGj-M.jpg
1019268583_XdHHz-M.jpg
Cheney Burton
1019268830_6WUib-M.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads