• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

onix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First I was like
inlove.gif
, then I was like
confused.gif
... the finish is really nice, the last is awesome too, but the split toes take some elegance away.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those things look like that could eat me.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
^ Ha! To each their own! I think scotch grain/country calf works nicely with USA Northeast winters and goes well with my existing wardrobe. Touch to beat a pair of elegant derbies or EG Galway/AS Culford boot in pebble grain for the winter.

nar it is still a bit of old cows leather - old skin need more producted to keep it pretending it is young ;-)

Originally Posted by theyare
guess bespoke is the way to go... just need to find and extra $1.5k....

well if you had not got all those fugly loafer and most of the monks you could of had 3-4 pairs of very nice bespokes
devil.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
Those things look like that could eat me.

they certainly can...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
well if you had not got all those fugly loafer and most of the monks you could of had 3-4 pairs of very nice bespokes
devil.gif

i have counted three "fugly" loafers and two double monks. that would even be hard in Vienna to safe up for the bespoke route.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
i have counted three "fugly" loafers and two double monks. that would even be hard in Vienna to safe up for the bespoke route.

i counted about 10-12 pairs i would burn, so............

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i counted about 10-12 pairs i would burn, so............

than you are obviously more rigid in your judgements...

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
than you are obviously more rigid in your judgements...

well there are a lot of repeats in there and esp with the loafers and monks - so it is easy to crop some of the collection

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well there are a lot of repeats in there and esp with the loafers and monks - so it is easy to crop some of the collection

i hear what you're saying. it's the impulsive purchases, nothing wrong with them, but the money is spent.

resale value is mostly not worth the hassle with actual models of current collections.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i hear what you're saying. it's the impulsive purchases, nothing wrong with them, but the money is spent.

resale value is mostly not worth the hassle with actual models of current collections.

a very wise man once gave me a formular;

needs X space / budget = plan

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads