• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
^ I know you asked Gazman, but AFAIK the 'cashmere' part is just what Panerai calls the colour of that particular strap (I think they call it 'Gold Cashmere').

As for a nubuck strap I would be surprised if Gaz doesn't have this.

Wow! I had forgotten about this post! Thanks for digging it up
fistbump.gif

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ You're welcome. And thank you for writing the piece in the first place.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tanino Crisci, Dukke model from S/S 2009 bought from a discount outlet selling mostly cheaper Italian brands. retail around 700 USD, paid 175. I was not familiar with the brand, might go back and buy some blue calf loafers.
985233886_j2tdK-L.jpg

985234969_J7ifU-L.jpg

985235694_3Rfb5-L.jpg

985234285_NpyAe-L.jpg

985234544_QthV9-L.jpg

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for any suggestions / places for improvement in my shoe closet. Any recos? No boot suggestions, as I think of those separately. I mostly wear suits so that's my primary focus. Thanks! Currently on the way and/or not pictured: Vass bordeaux austerity oxford, Vass F last brown cognac captoe, C&J burnished brown Hallam, C&J chestnut 348 loafer, Barker Black tan bit Wolfe. Pic 1 (Oxfords) Top Row: Sutor M. 3 eyelet blucher, Borelli Vintage Closed Longwing, C&J Westfield Suede Mid Row: Barker Black Chestnut Archdale, EG for RLPL Mackay Edwardian, EG Asquith Dark Oak, E. Zegna Dark Brown Captoe Bottom Row: Gaziano Black Captoe, Vass F last Oxblood, EG for RLPL Mackay Black Pic 2 (Brown Loafers/ Monks): Top row: Barker tassels, Ferragamo Bit, E. Zegna dark suede Mid row: Alden Shell Cordovan #8, Carmina Whiskey Cordovan, Barker Black Crown Bottom row: Allen Edmonds Mora, C&J Savile, Martegani Suede Monk Pic 3 (Black Loafers / Monks): Top row: Grenson double monk, C&J 360 last monk, EG for RLPL Grant Bottom row: E. Zegna tassel, Feragamo bit, Barker Black Wolfe bit
IMG_0423.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theyare
Looking for any suggestions / places for improvement in my shoe closet. Any recos?

Ummm...I think you have enough.

Nice stuff btw.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
theyare - nice stuff! Any or all of the following I imagine could be welcome additions. With a more casual or flannel suit any of them should work well. Plus always nice to have things for when one does wear khakis and corduroys.

- derbies
- dark brown suede
- scotch grain/country calf

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Bespoke???

Originally Posted by kolecho
+1

+3 or add some redish hued shoes bordo' bauxite's or cherry's even AE's chilli to spice things up
devil.gif

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
theyare - nice stuff! Any or all of the following I imagine could be welcome additions. With a more casual or flannel suit any of them should work well. Plus always nice to have things for when one does wear khakis and corduroys.

- derbies
- dark brown suede
- scotch grain/country calf

forget the grained calf/ more like an old cow but suede i tihnk is nice if you get derby's look at exotics insted of old scar cow leather

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Ha! To each their own! I think scotch grain/country calf works nicely with USA Northeast winters and goes well with my existing wardrobe. Touch to beat a pair of elegant derbies or EG Galway/AS Culford boot in pebble grain for the winter.

theyare

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
Burgundy Laceup? Lovely collection by the way.
Thanks! Burgundy vass laceup is on the way
Originally Posted by TRINI
Ummm...I think you have enough. Nice stuff btw.
Hey - aren't you the guy with the endless array of sportscoats?
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Great collection - brown suede monk maybe?
Thanks - actually have the martegani. maybe need a lighter one?
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
theyare - nice stuff! Any or all of the following I imagine could be welcome additions. With a more casual or flannel suit any of them should work well. Plus always nice to have things for when one does wear khakis and corduroys. - derbies - dark brown suede - scotch grain/country calf
Thanks slew! actually, you reminded me something i have had on my mind since you were selling a pair not in my size - those vass norwegers!
Originally Posted by gazman70k
Bespoke???
Originally Posted by kolecho
+1
Originally Posted by luk-cha
+3 or add some redish hued shoes bordo' bauxite's or cherry's even AE's chilli to spice things up
devil.gif

guess bespoke is the way to go... just need to find and extra $1.5k....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads