Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Oyaji, Feb 20, 2010.

1. srivats

srivats Senior member

2 each of NST and longwings, will eventually get a chukka or two but I already have more shoes than I wear, pretty much 10 pairs of shoes is my max, no need for more than that.

Wait ... just 10 pairs !? I wish I had that much control. I see a pair of nice shells and I just go nuts. I have lots of "repeats".

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Wait ... just 10 pairs !? I wish I had that much control. I see a pair of shells and I just go nuts and get it.

I have more than that, but I have unworn shoes in there which tells me I need less, not more shoes. I like to wear my stuff and really break it in, I can go a month with two pairs of shoes. Then I get into ruts where I just love one particularly pair and only wear that. Right now, that is the Alden NST. Sometimes its chukka's 24/7. Then I went through a suede everyday phase. Basically 3-4 boots, 2 NST's, a single strap monk or two, a longwing or two and something dressy, and I am set. Everything else becomes extraneous.

3. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

4. srivats

srivats Senior member

I have more than that, but I have unworn shoes in there which tells me I need less, not more shoes. I like to wear my stuff and really break it in, I can go a month with two pairs of shoes. Then I get into ruts where I just love one particularly pair and only wear that. Right now, that is the Alden NST. Sometimes its chukka's 24/7. Then I went through a suede everyday phase. Basically 3-4 boots, 2 NST's, a single strap monk or two, a longwing or two and something dressy, and I am set. Everything else becomes extraneous.

I have alden shell PTBs and longwings in all shell colors except black and these get the most wear. I can get rid of everything else I have and be happy. But I can't make myself do that [​IMG] I do have some beautiful vintage AEs and a couple pairs of vintage nettleton shells that I want to keep.

Alden NST is awesome -- I have one pair in cigar that I wear a LOT. Is yours on the barrie or aberdeen?

My current favourite shoe in my collection is the below pair of alden whiskey shell captoes. They are on aberdeen and fit so very well and I wore them so much this summer. I will probably sell some "repeats" that I have and get a pair in #8 or black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i wish i had flat feet [​IMG]

Get a pair of PTBs from Vass on P2 last - that's what I did!

5. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

Get a pair of PTBs from Vass on P2 last - that's what I did!

not a fan of the last, thro it does fit me fine - it is something that i am tempted to get bespoked from G&G in kudu or pig skin

6. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

7. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Shoes are meant to be WORN.
    - WORD

8. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

More Aldens.. Worn..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

[​IMG]

Navy suede looks fabulous.

10. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

[​IMG]

11. srivats

srivats Senior member

+1 ... they look great PG.

12. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

I know exactly what you mean. I am trying to par my collection down to some favourites and will try to stay that way.

13. srivats

srivats Senior member

I know exactly what you mean. I am trying to par my collection down to some favourites and will try to stay that way.

To be honest, I feel guilty looking at the number of shoes I have in the closet. I gotta start paring my collection too. 8-10 pairs is my target.

14. kolecho

kolecho Senior member

8-10 pairs is my target.

That is lean. I hope you did not include weekend casuals in that count.

15. srivats

srivats Senior member

That is lean. I hope you did not include weekend casuals in that count.

I have a pair of lined,crepe-soled, tan suede alden chukkas that serves the 'weekend casual' duty very well. I'd ideally want 8-10 pairs for wear during the week. I'll be definitely getting atleast one pair of Vass punched captoes (like the ones you posted) on the F(?) last.

Does anyone have shoes on Vass F last and Alden aberdeen last? If so, I'd love to see a pic of these shoes side by side -- I am curious as to how these two lasts compare. Aberdeen in 9E is a really great fit for me, but the choices from alden are limited.