• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
keep the lobbs.

the ps are geriatric at least...

I'd argue the opposite. The Lobbs, with the Lobb branding that passes for a medallion, are trying hard to impress, in a middle-aged man sort of way. The PS shoes have a little edge. They'd look good with denim, while the Lobbs look awkwardly dressy.

I'd sell the Lobbs, myself.

Oyaji

Reaction score
Apart from being black derbies, I feel they have nothing in common => Keep both.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I'd argue the opposite. The Lobbs, with the Lobb branding that passes for a medallion, are trying hard to impress, in a middle-aged man sort of way. The PS shoes have a little edge. They'd look good with denim, while the Lobbs look awkwardly dressy.

I'd sell the Lobbs, myself.

no worries, i love black shoes. i had me six pairs made before i had the wish for a different colour...

...and as an euopean i can wear derbies in every possible situation, hehe certainly, no brogues in formal ones...

personally for me the ps is a train wreck: cheap leather, inferior construction, geriatric last, exagerated welt with huge stitching...

Pundit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
The Lobbs look like the Towcester, one of my favs. Keep them. Or if they are a UK 8,5, sell them to me.
smile.gif

Very similar to the Towcester, but these are open lacing vs. closed on the Towcester.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alexander Moden Rauhensteingasse 10 1010 Vienna fon: 001 43 1/ 5123946-0 from th U.S. fax: 001 43 1/ 5137825 "Alt Wien" by Crockett & Jones
061.jpg

Can some one identify the black captoe on the left side in the bottom row ? It should be a C & J Thanks

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
Can some one identify the black captoe on the left side in the bottom row ? It should be a C & J

Thanks

it's C&J for "Alt Wien".

more or less exclusively made for this shop "Alexander" in Vienna. they don't have a web appearance.

cwh812

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance
Bought these for twenty squid. Bargain. Sanders?

Depends on where you got the squid from. Atlantic or Pacific? How big were they?

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks for the opinions, guys! you've thoroughly confused me, but i appreciate the opinions
laugh.gif
(oh, and Spoo...they are UK8.5's
devil.gif
)

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's C&J for "Alt Wien".

more or less exclusively made for this shop "Alexander" in Vienna. they don't have a web appearance.

I meant to ask what C&J model were they based on ?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
went a bit crazy and got two pairs of shoes that might be too similar...do you guys think these are different enough to warrant keeping both?

Paul Smith Nash
361143357_o.jpg

John Lobb Brackley
384885183_o.jpg

the PS are dip-dyed black, the JL are black museum (kinda hard to see the mottling in the pic, but it's there)

Sorry but the PS look like school shoes and the Lobbs are not one of their prettiest examples.

Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance
Bought these for twenty squid. Bargain. Sanders?

Affirmative!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads