• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
These are currently on sale in the JM Weston stores in HK, around 30% off. The angel on my shoulder is taking a beating from the devil, but I think I will hold out, just can't see myself wearing them.

They stock the same model, on sale, at the JM Weston boutique in New York.

pkincy

Reaction score
So that is the Corbin we all bought for $325. I imagine someone at polo.com is still cleaning the toilets over that.

Perry

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a bit dressier Tramezzas in similiar shade of brown. Finding a matching belt for them has been and continues to be a monumental pain ***********
devil.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I like those suede Sutors acidicboy, nice find. Did they run true to size?

Thanks, Whnay. They actually are a bit roomy, which is quite surprising given that they look very narrow, and I have wide feet. But they don't slip off when I wear them, so it's all good.
smile.gif

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
I own a bit dressier Tramezzas in similiar shade of brown. Finding a matching belt for them has been and continues to be a monumental pain ***********
devil.gif

I'm of the opinion that it looks better if things don't match perfectly.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, don't mind me as I'm just a boring guy
laugh.gif

Anyhow, here are my shoes and the belt which the morons never offered me for purchase
censored.gif

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rudolf Scheer & Söhne, K und K Hof, Wien:

K. und K. Hof stands for Kaiser und König Hoflieferant or Imperial (Austrian Empire) and Royal (Kingdom of Hungary) Purveyor and with the Emperor coat of arms, it’s equivalent to UK’s Royal Warrant of Appointments. Even though the Austro-Hungarian Empire had ceased to exist for more than 90 years, many firms still hold on to the K und K Hof title. Other K und K Hof firms include Knize, E Braun & Co., Herend, Demel and Sacher.

p1020131xh0.jpg

p1020190wy8.jpg

p1020189kb2.jpg

p1020188fw6.jpg

Knize, around the corner from Scheer:

p1020075lo8.jpg

Shoes by Alt Wien (not Lloyd):

p1020070ds6.jpg

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for great pictures from Wien.

Those are wonderfully substential Blitz Krieg shoes.

tsherry

Reaction score
Hey Christofuh, are they the Gherardo chocolate brown tramezzas? How do they run size wise? I usually take a 12 D, and I see a pair of 12 B up on ebay.

Thanks!

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tsherry
Hey Christofuh, are they the Gherardo chocolate brown tramezzas? How do they run size wise? I usually take a 12 D, and I see a pair of 12 B up on ebay.

Thanks!

On that last you can substitute 12D for 11.5EE and not expect to have fit issues. Going from 12D width to 12B is likely to feel tight as hell.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LLOYDs remind me of zee German Aldens albeit with a pinch of European refinement and sleekness. Not sure what to think of their mid $500s price though
plain.gif

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
LLOYDs remind me of zee German Aldens albeit with a pinch of European refinement and sleekness. Not sure what to think of their mid $500s price though
plain.gif

It's more a German AE. Sorry, that I can't tell you about their 1888 Line. The standard line lost in their quality over the last decade.
plain.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Von Rothbart,

You should arrange for Style Forum shoe aficianado trips to Europe. These tour pics make me wish for a European vacation.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads