• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

chessplayer

Reaction score
I treated myself to these C&J:

cj1cm7.jpg

cj2kk4.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chessplayer
I treated myself to these C&J:

cj1cm7.jpg

cj2kk4.jpg

wonderful rams horn medallion!

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are my wife's new Foster's bespoke shoes. She has a size 3 foot and like many women of her age has bunions from having used high heels for so long, she also wanted a little height. She was looking for an elegant comfortable shoe for. The lasts were made by Micky Chaggar and the shoes were then made by Emiko Matsuda.

The colour is one of those flesh tone browns that women like in order to tone in with their stockings and elongate their leg. It has subtle antiquing. The heels I am told were quite a job being hand shaped by eye from many more layers of leather than a man's shoe requires.

CIMG1064.jpg

CIMG1065.jpg

CIMG1066.jpg

CIMG1068.jpg

nmoraitis

Reaction score
How well do the the custom grades stack up in comparisson to C&J bench grades?

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are really stacked leather high heels? That's amazing...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
These are my wife's new Foster's bespoke shoes. She has a size 3 foot and like many women of her age has bunions from having used high heels for so long, she also wanted a little height. She was looking for an elegant comfortable shoe for. The lasts were made by Micky Chaggar and the shoes were then made by Emiko Matsuda. The colour is one of those flesh tone browns that women like in order to tone in with their stockings and elongate their leg. It has subtle antiquing. The heels I am told were quite a job being hand shaped by eye from many more layers of leather than a man's shoe requires.
CIMG1064.jpg
CIMG1065.jpg
CIMG1066.jpg
CIMG1068.jpg

I like these, quite tasteful and elegant. In fact, the heels remind me somewhat of 18th century men's shoes.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I like these, quite tasteful and elegant.

In fact, the heels remind me somewhat of 18th century men's shoes.

agreed they are similar to the shoes worn in the french court by men n that time period

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Not very exciting but I needed a pair of basic black shoes. The Trickers Belgrave fit the bill:

Picture003.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

super_mut

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just purchased my first pair of Allen Edmonds Park Avenues!

Just one question, I'm a new intern at a financial company and I'm wondering whether or not my pair of Allen Edmonds were a good "investment" I got 25% off the shoe as well as additional products (bought some polish and shoe horns while I was there).

My pair of Bostonian Akrons were on their way out and the question I had was whether or not I should keep the Allen Edmonds and buy another pair of "daily driver" shoes or return the AE's and purchase two pairs.

I'm a stickler for quality and I love the fact that AE's are made in USA compared to my Bostonians that are made in China. My Bostonians are pretty much done, I need a new pair and would anyone recommend anything besides Bostonians. I work as a Financial Rep.

Any tips on shoe care?

I bought some Kent Brushes as well as the AE polish?

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eustace: wow those trickers are very nice. Do you mind if i ask how much they were? Are they available online?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Eustace: wow those trickers are very nice. Do you mind if i ask how much they were? Are they available online?

Sure - I paid 180 pounds (excl. VAT) to www.pediwear.co.uk

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by benjamin831
IMG_7066.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

I think I have the same shoe; but, with partial rubber soles...the style is Ouston, right?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I think I have the same shoe; but, with partial rubber soles...the style is Ouston, right?

No, its the Diplomat. Semi-brogue on 100 last.

I might invest in a pair of Tricker's... those Belgraves look great, I really like the shape. However, I'm looking for a pair that has a more fashionable profile to wear with my jeans. I'm considering a pair of Grenson Ellands, 107 last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 66 38.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 18 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 31 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads