• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only thing is that I was surprised that the 202 last would look a bit clunky, especially in D width. I guess boots and shoes are different.

The tops of those vintage boots are leather. I am already contemplating a similar pair of Shannons with contrasting tan suede tops - whatever the lightest coloured brown suede that EG has. I will go for the 82 last his time, maybe even in a C width. I also would be interested to see a Shannon on the 888 last (perhaps in a narrower width), which I would normally be less fond of in a shoe, but a keener chiselled toe might work with a dress boot.

Salsalocust

Reaction score
Hi,

Now available on Ebay
Take a look at this Crockett & Jones U throat Oxford UK 7.5 in Tan (Acorn)

It is a sample and like nothing currently on C & J's books.

Could someone with a better knowledge of the C & J back catalogue find a previous pair with characteristics?

IMG_4884.jpg
[/IMG]

TKDKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Salsalocust
Take a look at this Crockett & Jones U throat Oxford UK 7.5 in Tan (Acorn)

It is a sample and like nothing currently on C & J's books.

Could someone with a better knowledge of the C & J back catalogue find a previous pair with characteristics?

Looks like a Benchgrade version of this model:

hurst-br_d.jpg

- Handgrade "Hurst".

Also similar to the new Handgrade "Barnes" on the 351 last:

barnes_19b_-_face_web_(8).jpg

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
I really wish I were cool enough to wear those

even though I don't have a Land Rover.

I was at Nordstrom and someone was ordering those while I was waiting in line. $1,200 if I remember correctly. Cool boots until you get them wet, or god forbid salt hits them!

nioh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
The only thing is that I was surprised that the 202 last would look a bit clunky, especially in D width. I guess boots and shoes are different.

The tops of those vintage boots are leather. I am already contemplating a similar pair of Shannons with contrasting tan suede tops - whatever the lightest coloured brown suede that EG has. I will go for the 82 last his time, maybe even in a C width. I also would be interested to see a Shannon on the 888 last (perhaps in a narrower width), which I would normally be less fond of in a shoe, but a keener chiselled toe might work with a dress boot.

Sounds like a terrific idea Sator, the boots you've pictured in the former post looks great!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jsherman02
I was at Nordstrom and someone was ordering those while I was waiting in line. $1,200 if I remember correctly. Cool boots until you get them wet, or god forbid salt hits them!

jsherman, what is that shoe in your avatar?

and that boot is 1200 only? that looks to have a bentivegna welt , that is a really good price for a bentivegna boot.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
and that boot is 1200 only? that looks to have a bentivegna welt , that is a really good price for a bentivegna boot.
That is exactly what I was thinking, it sounds way too low.

mussel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Finally got my EG Shannon's (Dark Oak, 82 Last):

Picture005.jpg

The Shannon is absolutely stunning!! Great combo with dark oak and 82 last!

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dr.no
Relatively tame shoe pr0n, many courtesy of B&S Forum.

Front: JL Keats, JL Nader
Back: C&J Tetbury, C&J Weymouth, GM/SC butterfly loafers
[URL='http://imageshack.us'] [/URL]

dr no,

That's a nice collection . You seem to be missing a pair of monk straps?
smile.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
today i strolled through Gary's at Fascist Island, and to my surprise they carry a line of BONTONI shoes now.

it is unlike the Bontonis i have seen here on this forum, they are not the regular blake (or goodyear?) bontonis that run for about 900-1000 dollars.

these are retail 1200 usd and are NORVOGESE. Let me tell you I wish I had my digitial camera there because the wholecut punched medallion (sort of like AE fairfax) in burgundy was DROP DEAD GORGEOUS and SOLIDLY SUBSTANTIAL.

i could not get my eyes off of it and this is my new love. I could not stop talking about that shoe and my wife is sick of me now.

I will go there soon to take photos, but if anyone local has the time maybe soon perhaps (hopefully GS, teddie, etc) go by there and take a look. this shoe is amazing. it looks definitely worth the 1200 they ask for.

photos to come soon.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Panzer, you're on a roll with the SC and the EG Shannon, well done! I'd like to try the Shannon on 888 with 2-tone in darkoak and Edwardian.

Originally Posted by gdl203
Stupid question: is Shannon an MTO shoe only or is there even the slightest chance that I may one day get it from the EG semi-annual sales?

It's so pretty
inlove.gif

I don't recall Shannon was ever on sale. I am going to dig up all the EG sale threads and check if Shannon was mentioned.

Brian, please do take pictures of the Bontoni. The ones I saw at BG were kind of blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads