• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Creasing

Horenste

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why these shoes creased this way? Is this a sizing issue? I am trying to determine if it can be reversed? If it can then I am thinking about having them resoled.

JDMills

Reaction score
How old are they, and have you ever used shoe trees or are they second hand?

Using trees will help stretch out some of them but won't eliminate them completely, creasing is a natural part of wearing leather and nothing is going to stop it from happening. Also excessive creasing could mean they're too big.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
I don't think you can reverse it. The crease comes in when your foot lands on your heel and you roll your foot forward when you walk. The more you wear the shoes, the more its gonna crease. These shoes obviously aren't shell. Shell cordovan shoes won't show any creases. If you were to resole the shoes, you could make them stiffer, but those creases will still be there. If you can't stand the unslightly creases in shoes, I'd look in to purchasing some Shells. Good luck!

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
Throw some trees in them and let them sit for a couple of weeks.

Horenste

Reaction score
The shoes are about a year and a half old. They have had shoe trees in them every day i haven't worn them. I left the trees out because the creasing is more pronounced. They were a little narrower than my usual so i think that may have been part of the issue as well, but thanks for the tip on the foot strike.

Think it might just be time to get a new pair in the perfect size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads