• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Closet Cleanout - Good Value! (AE, Church's, Santoni)

usaa

Reaction score
Okay, so my closet isn't anywhere near as extensive or exotic as most of the people here, but it still needs cleaning since my wife isn't yet used to the idea of a husband who owns more than 10 pairs of shoes!

All of these items just don't quite fit me (I have finally learned to live with being a true 10.5E, not an 11D) or the person I bought them for, so hopefully someone else can find some use for them. I think my prices are fair and are intended to move these quickly - all quoted prices include shipping, handling, and paypal fees.

I haven't sold here before, but I am on ebay (mostly a buyer) at tod13. Please PM and I will respond to the first to accept with details. Questions are welcome as well. Finally, I will stand by my sales and will accept any returns if you find the product not as described.

1) Allen Edmonds Sanford in Black, 11D, $45($55) - these are in great shape, no probems at all that I can tell on the uppers, soles have been replaced once but have very light wear

Attachment 9186

2) Church's "Prima Classe" Suede Captoe in Black, 9M, $65($75) - these are in fantastic shape and appear to have been worn a handful of times; given that it is suede you can tell they've been worn, but it is clean and new looking with none of the dreaded glossiness, roughness, or ratty patches; the soles (which, please note, are rubber) barely show any wear at all

Attachment 9188

More photos of the Church's

Please note that the shoes pictured below are sold - I'm not sure how to remove the attachments.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Church's look blue.

usaa

Reaction score
I took the picture in late afternoon window light, which may have given that impression - I can assure you they are black.

usaa

Reaction score
Church's Wingtips in Brown (#4) are sold - thanks drizzt!

usaa

Reaction score
Church's Spectators (#3) and Santonis (#5) are sold pending payment.

That leaves still for sale the AE Sanfords and Suede Church's.

usaa

Reaction score
Payment has been sent on the Spectators and Santonis, so those are gone.

Price drop of $10 each on the remaining shoes. Also please note that there are new pictures up of the suede Church's that really show what great shape these are in.

The Allen Edmonds are perfect for a budget buyer looking for a pair of quality shoes in great shape that can be used every day - the Sanford is a very classy model.

Thanks for looking!

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Would the Church shoes fit someone who wears a 10 in AE/Alden?

usaa

Reaction score
I will do my best to answer the sizing on the Church's, but since they are not even close to my size I don't have much I can offer by way of comparison.

The best information I have is the actual size: 11 1/2" long by 4 3/8" wide.

I also put them sole to sole with the size 10EE Santonis that were also listed in this thread, and they come up about 3/8" short - which would seem to me to validate them as a 9UK/~9.5US.

So for comparison between the 9 in Church's and a 10 in Alden/AE, I am not sure but I suspect they would be a bit smaller. Perhaps if you took a ruler to your size 10's to compare with the measurement above?

Thanks!

KJT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the measurements on the Sanfords?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads