• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

shoe care

kmwrestle

Reaction score
what is the difference between shoe polish, shoe cream and shoe wax? I have a few pair of allen edmonds shoes and im wondering which ones i should use, as when i go on their website they list all 3, but not what each is used for.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmwrestle
what is the difference between shoe polish, shoe cream and shoe wax? I have a few pair of allen edmonds shoes and im wondering which ones i should use, as when i go on their website they list all 3, but not what each is used for.

the polish (stuff in the tubes) is kind of midway between the cream (glass jars) and the wax (also in glass jars).

i have all three, but 99% of the time i just wipe down my shoes with a damp rag (to get rid of dirt), let them dry, and apply the stuff in the tubes, let that dry, and then polish with a polishing cloth. pretty effective and pretty painless. 10 minutes a pair, maybe less.

kmwrestle

Reaction score
i have a pair of the hillcrests in the light brown...which shade of polish shud i go with...for the best match?

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would use "light brown" in whatever brand you buy, but your best bet, by far, is to bring in one of the shoes and ask your cobbler.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • cr2596

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 9 14.5%