• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe care: Woly vs Saphir vs Burgol

nrk

Reaction score
I've had excellent results with Woly's shoe cream. It's made in Germany and seems to be reasonaly high quality. It also has the huge advantage of being locally available. I've read quite a bit on Saphir, and a little on Burgol, both of which seem to get rave reviews. Is anybody else out there using Woly? Anybody who can compare it with other harder to find (read more expensive to ship) products?

retozimmermann

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nrk
I've had excellent results with Woly's shoe cream. It's made in Germany and seems to be reasonaly high quality. It also has the huge advantage of being locally available. I've read quite a bit on Saphir, and a little on Burgol, both of which seem to get rave reviews. Is anybody else out there using Woly? Anybody who can compare it with other harder to find (read more expensive to ship) products?

I cannot really speak from own experience with Saphire or Woly but I do personally use (and sell in Korea) Burgol. In my experience it easily beats both Kiwi and the Crockett and Jones polish.

Burgol is handmade in Switzerland. We've recently visited the manufacture and met with the owner and maker of Burgol polish. There is currently a distributor in Germany who delivers to quite a number of retailers and also sells online. If you search for Burgol online you should find his site quite easily.

If you've ever got the chance to compare the products yourself, it'd be interesting to get your assessment of them.

Cheers
Reto

Byron Perez

Reaction score

Originally Posted by nrk
I cannot really speak from own experience with Saphire or Woly but I do personally use (and sell in Korea) Burgol. In my experience it easily beats both Kiwi and the Crockett and Jones polish. Burgol is handmade in Switzerland. We've recently visited the manufacture and met with the owner and maker of Burgol polish. There is currently a distributor in Germany who delivers to quite a number of retailers and also sells online. If you search for Burgol online you should find his site quite easily. If you've ever got the chance to compare the products yourself, it'd be interesting to get your assessment of them. Cheers Reto
Hey guys! Do you know where I can buy Saphir polish in Seoul? Thanks

Byron Perez

Reaction score
Hey guys! Do you know where I can buy Saphir in Seoul? Thanks.

joeninety

Reaction score
i find the wolly stuff fantastic, i know its used by ws foster

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.