1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe brands with narrow fittings

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by skeptic, Jan 28, 2005.

1. skeptic

skeptic Well-Known Member

I measure a 10 1/2C and always had trouble finding shoes (especially loafers) that fit.  (This state of affairs also explains why I mostly wear AE (own the Mapleton) and Alden, even for casual shoes as some are available in my size or that I can special order.)  As Alden seems a bit staid (although they are great shoes and the chukka boots I own are certainly not staid), I've been looking for shoes of the same quality but in more "stylish" makes, even if I have to special order a size and wait four months.  (I've been thinking about Norwegian-front bluchers for some time.)  Unfortunately, most European-made shoes seem to only come in medium or wide.  (I may be able to get away with a medium on some lasts.)

I'm aware that Edward Green has a MTM program.  Any other suggestions for RTW?  Full bespoke is just out of my price range.

While we're on the topic, does anyone here have a link to anthropometric data on feet sizes?  I'd be interested to find out if the Japanese and Europeans really have wider feet.

2. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Distinguished Member

The 337 last on C&J fits my narrow foot very well.

koji

3. wja

wja Well-Known Member

I dearly wanted to buy a pair of Lobbs last fall. I wear 11D and found everything in the shop to be too narrow. Might be worth a look.

4. philosophe

philosophe Distinguished Member

Ferragamos run narrow. I wear 9.5 B and have a closetful of them. Try the Tramezza.

5. novalis

novalis Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

I have the same problem (narrow feet) which makes loafers especially difficult to fit. I've had good luck with Grensons, an English brand, sold through Bennies Shoes.

6. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior Member