Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe brands that are wide without "wide" sizes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rain27, Jul 26, 2016.

1. rain27

rain27 New Member

I have a wide foot and have been searching for brands that have a wide width option, but very few brands seem to come in wide sizing.

Are there any specific brands that are traditionally wide without having a wide width option?

Or are some shoes generally wider by country of origin (England, US, etc.)?

2. comrade

comrade Distinguished Member

Actually, Alan Edmonds, Alden and Crockett and Jones come in wide: 3E or G widths.
    I believe that some models of Church come in 4E or H width. Dinkelacker, not sold in the
    US, comes in 3E and 4E in some lasts. The problem is that perhaps except for Allen Edmonds,
    US retailers rarely stock 2E or 3E width. I wear 4E running shoes (trainers)' My last successful
    dress shoe purchase was from Ludwig Reiter in Vienna. The model that worked for me was not
    denominated is widths, but "ran wide". Needless to say, when I returned to their shop in Austria,
    nearly two years ago, the model had been discontinued and it's successor didn't fit.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016