• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shoe Advice

MrFootballMan

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a pair of shoes to wear at work. I'm trying to find something that is slimline and wouldn't look out of place on a 23 year old. I like the look of the black leather derby from Dior Homme but they are a bit too expensive for what I imagine is primarily branding hence I'm not too keen on buying them.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. I need to stick primarily to online sources as I stay in a small town and don't have much access to much else, and preferably a UK source.

Not had much look find a UK size 11/EU45 shoes anywhere

Thanks

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
www.pediwear.com re a reliable UK online company.

Rough budget?

What are the shoes for? Casual/work/nightclub?

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrFootballMan
I'm looking to purchase a pair of shoes to wear at work. I'm trying to find something that is slimline and wouldn't look out of place on a 23 year old. I like the look of the black leather derby from Dior Homme but they are a bit too expensive for what I imagine is primarily branding hence I'm not too keen on buying them. Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. I need to stick primarily to online sources as I stay in a small town and don't have much access to much else, and preferably a UK source. Not had much look find a UK size 11/EU45 shoes anywhere Thanks

Hello and welcome, there are so many shoes posted here, that it is impossible not to find a pair. So use the 'search' on the forum here and use the pinned threads. Here is a source located in the UK, too: http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/ They have seconds and sales, too. Yours GN

MrFootballMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eccentric
What sort of price range do you have in mind?

I'm willing to go to around £300 if necessary, but it depends on the shoe really. Cheers for the links though, I saw some Churches the other day and I could pop into Chruches shop in Edinburgh if necessary.

MrFootballMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
www.pediwear.com re a reliable UK online company. Rough budget? What are the shoes for? Casual/work/nightclub?
The shoes are for work but its casual dress, I usually wear a polo shirt and a pair of trousers. As I said, something slick like the Dior ones I mentioned, or even something like the Pierre Corthay Ooedipe Model 4(which is sublime, and if anyone knows the cost I'd appreciate it). Essentially something modern, not too clunky...

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
something from Crockett & Jones on the 348 last might suffice.

MrFootballMan

Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30