1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shoe advice

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lint Brush, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Lint Brush

Lint Brush Senior member

I've had my eye on a nice pair of black split toe lace-ups made by Crockett & Jones for Brooks Brothers (the Algonquin model, I think it is). After they went on sale I tried them on and found even the "e" width painfully narrow (I usually take a normal D).

I find the Alden model not particularly graceful (the top stitching is too pronounced compared to the Crockett), albeit well made. Does anyone have any suggestions for a similar model? Thanks in advance.

2. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

3. Lint Brush

Lint Brush Senior member

Thanks--the Hancock looks a little nicer (i.e. dressier). Next time I'm near Grand Central I'll pop into Allen Edmonds and have a look.

4. Alias

Alias Senior member

I own a pair of Bradleys in E width, and they fit my fat Japanese feet just fine.

5. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

I'm wearing pair of Hancocks in D width and they fit my slim Japanese feet relatively well... (I can get away with D fitting in the 202 EG last with some breaking in...). Watch out though, the area underneath the ankle cuts a bit high and might rub if you have a low arch. I had a small blister the first day I wore my shoes...its since subsided and the Hancocks are my everyday kicker brown dress shoes (oxymoron?).

norcal

6. Lint Brush

Lint Brush Senior member

Thanks for the heads up, Norcal. I do have flat feet, and the prospect of having the sides cut into my ankle doesn't thrill me. I'll try them on to be sure--alternately, To Boot at Bergdorfs may also have a split toe variant.

I ducked into Oxxford to see the discounted Edward Green's, but all that was left in my size was a cap toe oxford, which I can't rationalize.