• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Advice Needed(Lobbs)

bjm

Reaction score
I just recently purchased a pair of JL Chappel in dark brown museum. I now have been offered a pair of new JL Becketts also in dark brown museum from the same seller. Question is it redundant to have these two shoes in the same color?

HHD

Reaction score
No, not if you really like the colour and it's one which goes well with the rest of your wardrobe. I have a pair of Edward Greens in dark oak and every time I consider buying another pair, I'm drawn to the dark oak version again.

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HHD
No, not if you really like the colour and it's one which goes well with the rest of your wardrobe. I have a pair of Edward Greens in dark oak and every time I consider buying another pair, I'm drawn to the dark oak version again.

+1. If you like the design and the price is right, I'd go for it.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
is the becketts the captoe with the star medallion?

yes, i say if the price is really good, i would even go for two of the same item. in times of buying opportunity, there may not be another chance in the future, so for me, my philosophy is to grab something when you can. (i mean this, for items that are necessary and true wants, not unnecessary, those items if they are at a very opportunistic price, buying them it equates to me as saving money. same thing)
if it is redundant, just save one pair and when you find yourself either, wearing out the shoes, or , getting bored of it, you then can start wearing the other one.

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjm
I just recently purchased a pair of JL Chappel in dark brown museum. I now have been offered a pair of new JL Becketts also in dark brown museum from the same seller. Question is it redundant to have these two shoes in the same color?

if you have the means, get both. you'll find that you want to wear dark brown multiple days in a row- but don't want to over wear your chappels. having the other pair will give you more flexibility.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I suggest both. Given that one is a lace-up and the other is a double monk, you'll have plenty of opportunity to wear both. I have both the Becketts and Vale in black museum, and have no reqrets whatsoever.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
get them both! and would you mind letting us know who the seller is?

bjm

Reaction score
Thanks All. New (R) Becketts on their way to me
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads