• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Advice - Allen Edmonds vs To Boot NY

bombri

Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of monk dress shoes and was wondering if people here could offer me some information as to which of these shoes is of the highest quality and what the differences are between them.I will be getting the brownish variation of whatever shoe I choose if there happen to be differences between the brown and black shoe. Also, if there is another shoemaker with a similar shoe in the same price range I'm all ears. I'm looking for a shoe with a slimmer overall profile and sole so if there are noticeable differences between these makers it would be nice to know that as well. The models I'm considering are below.

To Boot - Campbell
To Boot - Medford

Allen Edmonds - Mora 2.0
Allen Edmonds - Neumora

Thanks in advance - appreciate your help,
Brian

Last edited:

leetpuma

Reaction score
Just an thought and a bit risky but meermin is know for their monks and are AE level cheap but a bit better quality

Is to boot even good year welted? EDIT: Looked them up. They are blake stiched... Which is not bad. But I have not heard of there company so I am still wary

Stick to AE or meermin.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never been impressed by the quality of To Boot NY shoes...

I have had my issue with AE, but i would pick the Mora 2.0 in this lineup. The 8 last is a good looking last, and AE's brown leather is one of their better ones. The only negative I can say, is I don't care for the elastic buckle straps...

bombri

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your comments I appreciate it. So TBNY is just a bit questionable as far as quality goes? Is AE reasonable quality for the price? I'll take a look at the meermin monk as well.

-Brian

RWBreitling

Reaction score
Own the Campbell and the Mora 2.0. TBNY Campbell are of the better quality TBNY but I would go with the AEs they offer the recrafting which is like getting a new shoe every few years. The Campbell's sometimes have stretch marks on the upper. Calfskin upper but a lot of TBNY have stretch marks so be careful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads