Shirts similar to BoO?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by cjmorris21, Mar 12, 2008.

1. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I've actually found that J.Crew XS fits similarly to BoO 1 (S) ... I get a lot of these on sale.

I'm 5'9" and although the length is a tad longer than BoO, it still fits really well.

Just my $0.02.

no way is that true. jcrew is much wider than boo shirts, as well as longer. even in xs which is only found online.

2. dnvl

dnvl Well-Known Member

I don't know ... to each his own. I own a few S BoO shirts and XS J.Crew shirts ... I mean, I'm not implying they're exactly the same but it might be a good (much cheaper) alternative.

3. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I don't know ... to each his own. I own a few S BoO shirts and XS J.Crew shirts ... I mean, I'm not implying they're exactly the same but it might be a good (much cheaper) alternative.

the extra 2" you have on me is why the xs jcrew fits you so well probably. nothing off the rack from jcrew has ever fit me. except their sandals maybe

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

That might be true if he's talking about B body shirts. No way in hell it's true for A body though.

5. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

6. converge

converge Senior member

If you can find Gap "slim-fit" shirts in XS, they fit pretty well. They are most likely longer than BoO shirts but they're pretty slim in the body and arms. The slimmest OTR shirts I've found yet.

7. constant struggle

when is someone going to make the BoO-type fit at a $75 price range... someone has to do it, i'm sure they'll make alot

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

when is someone going to make the BoO-type fit at a $75 price range... someone has to do it, i'm sure they'll make alot

if you're patient, just have Jantzen make a custom one for $45

Ben Sherman's soho cut is better than BoO imo, and is priced at $79. unfortunately that cut has the fewest offerings each season.

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

I think i may just make the leap on a jantzen shirt soon. I'm a dress shirt noob so i still need to find out what shirt style i want (just something normal like the BoO or Dries shirts i've owned). Some of them seem overly formal or casual to me so i'm not sure.

I understand the soho cut is similar to BoO but what about the sizing. Would a small fit about the same as BoO small or would i need an XS (i hope not). Where are you finding them for $79, i can only find them online for more and in XL and bad patterns.

10. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I understand the soho cut is similar to BoO but what about the sizing. Would a small fit about the same as BoO small or would i need an XS (i hope not). Where are you finding them for $79, i can only find them online for more and in XL and bad patterns.

It's sized the same IME. I wear Med in both, but in the BS mod fit I would wear a Small. I have a BS store locally. pricewise, maybe it was $89? but somewhere around there

11. converge

converge Senior member

Ben Sherman's website now has extra-smalls. Though I've never seen them in stores.

12. planetofsound

planetofsound Well-Known Member

13. constant struggle

14. onion

onion Senior member

oh wow
    i hope so
    if i can get a boO fit at a gap price
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You aren't kidding... I'd buy one in every color the day they came out! [​IMG]

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

if i can get a boO fit at a gap price

I'll believe it when I see it. I wouldnt be surprised if the fit wasnt the same as BoO, but just an OCBD cut short at the hem with a fit closer to the Gap than BoO