• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirts similar to BoO?

bant

Reaction score
obedient sons - although not that much cheaper

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Obedient Sons, grabbed two of the dress shirts on sale. Think they have MOP buttons (or just really nice plastic ones). Fit is a tad more wide then BoO, but length is good. All in great shirts.

bsyde82

Reaction score
i like the materials of certain BoO shirts - like the overdyed oxfords - can't really find this in other brands, to my knowledge

hickey shirts fit really well, IMO, even better than some BoO shirts. the one drawback for me is the spread collar. it kind of seems out of place w/ the hickey "look" IMO. if anyone is interested in buying hickey, PM me for 89.10 of hickey store credit for 80, please!! thx.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hummingbird
Dizzt, I don't think you need a slim fit exactly... You're a pretty solid guy.

My chest is ~44.5" while my waist size is 33" which means I have a 11.5" drop. If I wore a boxy shirt that exactly fit my chest, there'd be 11.5" of extra material at my waist...

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
i like the materials of certain BoO shirts - like the overdyed oxfords - can't really find this in other brands, to my knowledge

hickey shirts fit really well, IMO, even better than some BoO shirts. the one drawback for me is the spread collar. it kind of seems out of place w/ the hickey "look" IMO. if anyone is interested in buying hickey, PM me for 89.10 of hickey store credit for 80, please!! thx.

Personally I like the spread collar hickey shirts more than the BDs. I'm not really that fond of BD. There are other companies who make overdyed shirts.

naaaaate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by negusnegas
I actually ordered from Hickeystyle over the phone and was able to get a shirt from the clearance section that had been removed. So you can call them up and ask them if they have your shirt in the size that you are looking for. I got a Gingham for $60, but I suppose they should still have those oxfords and other stuff that was in the steals and deals section. From what I understand they are selling the rest of the merchandise that was left over to Marshalls and TJ Maxx.

Oh damn! Thanks for the heads up, I just called and nabbed a purple gingham
blush.gif

I love their shirts, they fit me perfect, except for the absurd necksize but I always wear my shirts open-collared.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Where (or when) do you guys find BoO on sale? I seem to always see it at retail.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Barneys will discount it eventually, so will shopjake, hejfina, and some other online retailers.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its hard to find smalls on sale though...

I usually just bite it and purchase at full retail. What's 100/200 anyways...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WatchGuy
Where (or when) do you guys find BoO on sale? I seem to always see it at retail.
I have like 7 or 8 shirts and paid under $100 for all of them, the cheapest being $65 with a $265 retail tag. American Rag, Barneys etc. None of them are odd/undesirable fabrics, and size Med....so it's do-able

vvoc

Reaction score
wow good finds gs...

i took a bunch of my shirts to a tailor and am getting them slimmed and shortened, hopefully end up with the same aesthetic as BoO...but i dont think hes doin anything about the armholes i.e. they wont be any higher and hes not particularly slimming down the sleeves on many (only 2)...he said it wasnt necessary

bsyde82

Reaction score
just received my green overdyed oxford. i love everything about the fit....best fitting non-MTM shirt i've ever tried on. my one gripe is that, on one side of the shirt, at the bottom hem (the side hem where the shirt is sewn together - i can't think of a better way to identify this area)...there's a slight flare out...i'm wondering if this can be tailored. all it would take is a pinch to make that excess material go away so when im lookin straight ahead with arms down, its just straight down the side on both sides.

has anyone else noticed this on their BoO shirts? i don't think i saw this while trying on a non-oxford..

dnvl

Reaction score
I've actually found that J.Crew XS fits similarly to BoO 1 (S) ... I get a lot of these on sale.

I'm 5'9" and although the length is a tad longer than BoO, it still fits really well.

Just my $0.02.

Klemins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in response to WatchGuy...if you keep your eye out, you'll find them on sale. I just ordered a S/S buttondown from barneys for 89, so sometimes online too.

WatchGuy

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I guess I just need to keep my eyes open more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads