• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirts similar to BB Extra Slim or Express 1MX

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought a bunch of BB slim fit shirts. Threw on a 1MX today because I was wearing a sweater and the fit was MUCH better than the BB slim fits on me. With the BB slims there's still quite a bit of fabric poofing out around my waist.

I don't think they'll let me exchange the BB shirts I haven't work(tags off) and I don't think the Express quality is the greatest..so does anyone have any ideas of similar brands/fits?

Thanks

jnm23q

Reaction score
Barba black label seem to have two cuts, slim and extra slim. Top quality shirts from Naples, you can find on shop the finest for around usd130

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Isaia shirts fit even better than the 1MX.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Stop buying 5 $40 shirts you're not that happy with and go find a local tailor who will do a couple of made-to-measure shirts for you for $100-150 per. I tried many different "slim fit" dress shirts. The shirts that fit my waist were too tight in the neck and/or arms. Couldn't ever find the perfect fit. Then I got two custom shirts as part of a MTM suit package from my tailor, and I'll never buy another OTR shirt. The difference in fit is staggering.

superseiyan

Reaction score
Express 1MX now comes out in an extra slim: http://tinyurl.com/4klobam Personally, I think this "slim" thing is now a marketing fad and manufacturers are just flat out lying. I bought a Brooks Brothers slim fit. There is NO WAY that that is a slim. I'm swimming in it. The sleeves, the chest, everywhere. I'm 5'9", 170lbs and their 15.5 is silly large. I'm thinking the new thing is to just slap slim on regular shirts for the purposes of seeming hip or selling them. Anyway, anyone tried this Express extra-slim?

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by superseiyan
Express 1MX now comes out in an extra slim: http://tinyurl.com/4klobam

Personally, I think this "slim" thing is now a marketing fad and manufacturers are just flat out lying. I bought a Brooks Brothers slim fit. There is NO WAY that that is a slim. I'm swimming in it. The sleeves, the chest, everywhere. I'm 5'9", 170lbs and their 15.5 is silly large. I'm thinking the new thing is to just slap slim on regular shirts for the purposes of seeming hip or selling them.

Anyway, anyone tried this Express extra-slim?

I agree - heck I swim in a lot of size Small stuff even, wtf?

You should really check the pinned Slim Fit shirt thread - but you want stupid SLIM & inexpensive? Try Sartoria Benetton, I bought two 38s (15) and I can't actually fit them (5'7", 140lbs). Anyone wanting a white or blue dress shirt worn once cheap hit me up by PM...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads