• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirts - RL Custom fit vs BB slim fit

Preparatory

Reaction score
Which one of these fits is the most slim? I already own a couple of the BB's and one RL is on the way home.

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you get no replies, it's because this is a commonly asked question and a quick search should get you the answer you are looking for.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, my RL Custom fit is slimmer than my BB Slim fit.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep. altogether a sleeker shirt. If I didn't hate the embroidered polo guy I'd own more than one.

KPO89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbbuff
If you get no replies, it's because this is a commonly asked question and a quick search should get you the answer you are looking for.

Really? Is there really a RL Custom fit vs. BB Slim Fit thread somewhere out there in SF wonderland?

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, the last time I was in the RL store, I tried on (a bought) a nice purple striped Estate (italic script) shirt. The SA told me that they are no longer making "custom" and "classic" shirts seperately, at least at the mainline stores. All the shirts will now be more tapered and closer fitting throughout the body.

In comparison to a BB slim fit, it was definitely more tapered but still looser in the chest than a BB Extra Slim fit. Both shirts fit well if you dont care about your shirt being a bit loose under a suit.

RL dress shirts are overall better quality, but only about 20% i think. BB shirts are great especially on sale. RL harder to get on sale.

Bottom line, you can't go wrong with either.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate the polo player on my chest. Dress sirts have no place for logos.

I usually get the BB extra slim or slim and have the slim taken in a bit. BB luxury sirts are very nice and even nicer when they are on sale.

On a side note, RL used to work for BB and the name "Polo"is acutally licensed from BB who still use the name for their button down collars.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL generally has trimmer arms and i say its more comparable with BB-ESF

though i must say i bought a batch of RL shirts from their websites and there was a slight variance in fit from shirt to shirt...poor QC

arc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KPO89
Really? Is there really a RL Custom fit vs. BB Slim Fit thread somewhere out there in SF wonderland?

There's a sticky with all kinds of measurements of slim fit shirts. Answers are within.

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Citan1145
All the shirts will now be more tapered and closer fitting throughout the body.

Does this mean they're doing away with the classic fit and everything will bear the cut of the custom fit, or they're doing away with both the classic fit and custom fit and the new shirts will be somewhere in between?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
FWIW, my RL Custom fit is slimmer than my BB Slim fit.
Same here. I like both, and wear BB for dress wear and RL for casual occasions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads