1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

shirts in london like rl purple label

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by masterpp, Jun 11, 2006.

1. masterpp

masterpp Well-Known Member

hey guys i really like Ralf lauren purple label, but i find the shirts over priced and they dont go small enough for me.

which london shirt makers do nice shirts (i like snazzy shirts, ie bold stripes, good strong collars.

any suggestions

also can someone recommend a brand or tailor which does slim cut suits.

cheers

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Stylish Dinosaur

Turnbull & Asser, Paul Smith and Richard James do some brightly patterned shirts.

Alternatively take a trip to Bicester Retail Village in Oxfordshire and see if the Polo outlet has some RLPL you like. There's usually a selection of VERY brightly striped RLPL there at about half-ish retail. Last visit a couple of weeks ago, they had some of the multi-multi-colour stripey numbers, some striped Keatons with the extreme cutaway collars and some of the very eccentric paisley RLPLs.

3. di Robilant

di Robilant Member

If, by "small enough", you intend slim-fitting, you ought to be aware that RLPL does infact make a slim-fitting version of its 'Keaton'. Moreover if you ask to be notified of its sales, you will sometimes find RLPL shirts marked down by as much as 60%.

Finally, the 'Keaton' is made by Lorenzini in Italy ; it features, among other 'quality' indicators, single-needle side seams and mother-of-pearl buttons. But, at full retail, they are undoubtedly very expensive.

4. realbespoke

realbespoke Member

[​IMG]
    hey guys i really like Ralf lauren purple label, but i find the shirts over priced and they dont go small enough for me.

which london shirt makers do nice shirts (i like snazzy shirts, ie bold stripes, good strong collars.

any suggestions

also can someone recommend a brand or tailor which does slim cut suits.

cheers

WE PRODUCE BESPOKE SLIM CUT SUITS VERY HIGH ARM HOLES AND SLIM SLEEVES. THAT'S OUR BLOCK (PATTERN) WE ALSO PRODUCE VERY BOLD BESPOKE SHIRTS. VISIT OUR SITE www.marlonaustin.com

5. earthdragon

earthdragon Distinguished Member

Picked up two custom fit PL Polo's, at Bicester yesterday.
    They appeared to have a decent selection (all stripes) of Dress shirts.

It's a bit of a 'lucky dip' what you find.