• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shirts for a 5'11" tall person with a 26 inch waist

theolh

Reaction score
I nee help I'm 5'11"
14.5 inch neck thats the exact size i would normally go to at least a 15 cuz 14.5 is too tight
26 inch waist
36 inch chest
48 inch shoulder
32 inseam
from the base of my neck to my wrist with my and on my waist at a 90 deg angle is 31 inches.
btw I usually wear my pants low so they fit my small waist.

I need shirts that won't be baggy on me and am having problems finding cuz of my smallish waist size and broad shoulders(ex gymnast), I got all of my shirts a while back and they were right on the border of being small when i got them, of course I've grown around 3 inches in the past year(I'm 17 btw, and will prob grow another inch or two within a year) and need larger sizes but can't afford it in the abdomen and waist cuz they expect you to have a 32 inch waist for a medium or equivalent sized shirt. My waist has been the same size since i was 10 years old, I would normally wear a kids size but they don't fit me since I stand 5'11". Its a real pain, do you guys know of any companies that will work well for me, or what size shirt i should be wearing. I am looking for some military style shirts(with the two pockets on the breast), and some dress shirts. I rather not have to turn over 15 shirts to the tailor can you help me? I need to find some designers and some sizes that will fit me best any recommendations will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Theo

litho

Reaction score
1) Eat more
2) Get darts on the back
3) use an online tailor - nialma.com, jantzen tailor, mytailor.com etc
4) Eat again!

theolh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by william
+ Starting Strength
think...why do you think i am 48 in the shoulders. I believe i did mention that i used to do gymnastics. I still work out obviously... people need to think

Eating won't help I already eat like 3 servings per meal and eat 3 meals per day, I just burn it. and when I stop working out, I'm not that hungry enough to eat more then 1 serving per meal.

ya I may grow an inch or two in the waist, but its are family body type, every one has it... allot of my family members just get their stuff tailored ... I get some of my stuff tailored by Field English Custom in DC, but I can't get everything tailored its just to expensive for me. but the online tailored shirt thing sounds better.

I STILL WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOME DESIGNERS HAVE A GOOD SLIM FIT, SO I DON'T HAVE TO GET A MY SHIRT TAILORED THOUGH, I LIKE TO SEE STUFF ON AND FITTED PRETTY WELL B4 I BUY THEM.

thanks, theo

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theolh
Eating won't help I already eat like 3 servings per meal and eat 3 meals per day, I just burn it.

Drink a big glass of heavy cream and see what happens.

theolh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Drink a big glass of heavy cream and see what happens.
my fam is french i eat plenty of cream and milk products no luck...

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by theolh
my fam is french i eat plenty of cream and milk products no luck...

That's isn't what I said, but...nevermind.

theolh

Reaction score
no I was just saying that, I eat plenty of ***** things it doesn't help.

jessis

Reaction score
I would get shirts made specifically for you. You know your measurements and that is all you need to avoid wasting your time trying to find skinny shirts in stores.

+1 nialma.com

I am 37, 30, 36 (chest, waist hips) and have all my shirts tailored.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dior? lol no designer makes for someone with a 12 inch drop...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads