1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shirts...again.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tom, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Tom

Tom Senior member

My current experience... Off The Rack shirts suck.  I just bought a hugo boss shirt, I could pass a melon through the french cuffs.  Yikes.  and the body is cut way too full.  The Zegna shirts I have (from ebay) are gorgeous, but the size 43 uses a 16.5 collar.  Too Small.  I choke all day in them.  The Versace and Prada shirts I got on ebay are cut too full in the waist.  And I am not so skinny.  I have a flat stomach, but my waist is 36", and my chest is 43".  My shoulders are a bit broad (20"-21"), and my neck a 17".  The best shirt I own is Bernardo Firenze (some obscure Italian company I guess).  It's the only one that fits right.  Markham of Canada is okay.  The quality is as good as Zegna, but the cut is a little full.  I'll tell ya, once I get my Jantzen sizing right, I'll never go back to OTR.  I am finished with ill fitting shirts.

2. Tom

Tom Senior member

I noticed a friend yesterday wearing a really nice white shirt with a unique rounded collar and a cool pattern to the fabric. It also fit him like it was made for him. So I asked him where he got it. He told me it was from Stefanelli, where he gets all of his shirts. They are really sweet.

-Tom

3. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

Oh I know completely. Off the rack shirts NEVER fit me well, I'm extremely skinny but my neck is 15.5", so either I get a 14" that fits my chest well but I can't button the top button, or I get a 15.5" that fits my neck well but I have a bunch of left over material flapping in the wind.