• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shirtonomy - Made to measure from Sweden - official affiliate thread

MrNestor

Reaction score
Thanks for the motivation Erik. Been using Luxire for a few years but time to try Shirtonomy and possibly changing over. Easier to communicate in swedish and a lot easier to select fabric (less to choose from)!

Oxford in lightblue stripes with formal BD collar and no pocket for my first try, unless someone persuades me otherwise.

fhusuqinet

Reaction score
Thanks for the motivation Erik. Been using Luxire for a few years but time to try Shirtonomy and possibly changing over. Easier to communicate in swedish and a lot easier to select fabric (less to choose from)!

Oxford in lightblue stripes with formal BD collar and no pocket for my first try, unless someone persuades me otherwise.
Had a terrible experience with Luxire recently, will give Shirtonomy a shot pretty soon I think!

ezev

Reaction score
I just had my denim shirt delivered. Unfortunately I spaced on the collar and chose the regular BD instead of the formal BD. I have a long and skinny neck so i feel the formal BD might be a little too bulky for me anyways. I tried it on initially and it was big throughout, but they recommend washing up to 5 times at 40C to shrink to the proper fit. Everything else seems great so far. Maybe some minor tweaks will be necessary on my next one.

Aloysius16

Reaction score
I just had my denim shirt delivered. Unfortunately I spaced on the collar and chose the regular BD instead of the formal BD. I have a long and skinny neck so i feel the formal BD might be a little too bulky for me anyways. I tried it on initially and it was big throughout, but they recommend washing up to 5 times at 40C to shrink to the proper fit. Everything else seems great so far. Maybe some minor tweaks will be necessary on my next one.
Interesting. I have ordered a few Shirtonomy shirts now, including one in their ‘Como’ denim chambray. This arrived much bigger than the other shirts and I was advised that it would shrink down to match the size of the others after 5 washes. It never did (in fact it shrunk less than the (Oxford cloth) others). The initial disappointing response to this was to ask me to pay to return it to them (from the U.K.) for alterations. Happily they reversed this decision when I pointed out that it would be impossible to alter collar, shoulders, armhole, etc, and they accepted to replace. This was good news as I have been otherwise pleased with the cut (for me) and the quality. The formal BD collar is excellent.

ezev

Reaction score
That's great insight, appreciate that. I've washed it 3 times now, and it is the same como fabric you mentioned.

jayvee

Reaction score
Interesting. I have ordered a few Shirtonomy shirts now, including one in their ‘Como’ denim chambray. This arrived much bigger than the other shirts and I was advised that it would shrink down to match the size of the others after 5 washes. It never did (in fact it shrunk less than the (Oxford cloth) others). The initial disappointing response to this was to ask me to pay to return it to them (from the U.K.) for alterations. Happily they reversed this decision when I pointed out that it would be impossible to alter collar, shoulders, armhole, etc, and they accepted to replace. This was good news as I have been otherwise pleased with the cut (for me) and the quality. The formal BD collar is excellent.
I was about to order but the shrinkage issue has completely put me off tbh.

Do they really recommend washing a shirt 5 times before it fits? That surely makes the MTM process pointless.

The collar shrinkage example posted is also pretty significant. I’ve never noticed any of my shirts shrink that much.

ezev

Reaction score
I was about to order but the shrinkage issue has completely put me off tbh.

Do they really recommend washing a shirt 5 times before it fits? That surely makes the MTM process pointless.

The collar shrinkage example posted is also pretty significant. I’ve never noticed any of my shirts shrink that much.
They’ve come back to me advising 7 washes instead of 5 due to the nature of the fabric. I’m on wash number 5.

This whole thing is quite comical and I laugh at myself for keeping a brand new shirt in the clothes hamper for the last 1.5 months while generating enough laundry.

Sammm

Reaction score
If the shirt is made from fabric that is not prewashed, it’s inevitable that it takes a few washings to arrive at the final fit. I don’t notice significant shrinkage after wash 3 (I get shirts from Proper Cloth). Seven washings seems like a lot!

jayvee

Reaction score
They’ve come back to me advising 7 washes instead of 5 due to the nature of the fabric. I’m on wash number 5.

This whole thing is quite comical and I laugh at myself for keeping a brand new shirt in the clothes hamper for the last 1.5 months while generating enough laundry.
7 now? That’s madness. I think I’ll pass.

I would have thought the cotton was pre-shrunk. A shame because I am living in Sweden at the moment and I really liked those long collars.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.