• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirting Fabric- Is Acorn still the best bet?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Good to see a review from an expert.

What fabrics do you recommend in the approximate price range of Acorn? (For broadcloth dress shirts -- white and light blue)

hopefully your shirtmaker will be able to guide you.

I make fun of Monti of "Italy" but their quality is consistently good.

Canclini is being produced in China, from what i have heard from several sources.

Grandi and Rubenelli is excellent but more expensive
Thomas mason is usually consistent but far from perfect.

the indian mills I buy from, turn out a quality product.

hymo

Reaction score
If I was Acorn, I'd be quite concerned.

Their stalwart quality, the Grange, is easily exceeded in quality by any number of Indian imports at a fraction the price. Their higher qualities are all uncompetitve against the Italians.

On the design front, they have zero talent.

Acorn's strength is their direct-to-consumer model, no minimum orders, and expansive collection.

Shinystuffbuyer

Reaction score
<First post alert!>

I am a lurker on this forum, never registered. However, I finally decided to ask the one question that's been on my mind for some time now. Sorry to revive a fairly old thread.

ShirtMaven, you say "the indian mills I buy from, turn out a quality product." For some of us, who are based out of India, that may be a great option. If it's not a trade secret, could you please share which Indian mills are good from your experience?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads