1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shirt wardrobe "philosophy"

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by alchimiste, Jun 9, 2005.

1. alchimiste

alchimiste Senior member

Do you expect each of your shirts to be suitable to more or less precise clothes in a more or less precise setting? E.g. some shirts in conservative colors/patterns with spread collar and French cuffs for suits, more fashion forward shirts for evening wear, still another kind for sport jackets, etc. I.e. when you buy a shirt you know when and with what you'll wear it.
    Or do you want your shirts to be as verstaile as possible? I.e. when you buy a shirt you want to be able to wear it with about anything for any occasion.

Mathieu

2. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It seems like your shirt-buying philosophy depends on the state of your wardrobe. If you already have 10 versatile shirts, then you should start buying special ones.

3. alchimiste

alchimiste Senior member

I tend to agree. I ask because I am in the middle of a paradigm shift [​IMG] I notice that I rarely wear one of my best (and most expensive) shirts because it is not quite suitable w/o a suit and I seldom wear a suit. So the latest shirts I bespake were more finely tuned and I start thinking in terms of kinds of shirts depending on when and with what I'd wear them. Mathieu

4. bachbeet

bachbeet Senior member

I have enough shirts with different fabrics and colors that I have a versatile collection. I wear suits, sportcoats and casual at work, so I just mix it up depending on what I want to wear. I choose the night before so that I don't waste time in the a.m.

Speaking of which, I ordered another white shirt just now. After reading all the positives about TM LEwin, I thought I'd give it a try. I ordered a Super 140 herringbone. I figured at half price it would be a good deal. It was french cuff and that's fine. I do wish they offered more button cuffs.