• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shirt Travel Case

Lurch

Reaction score
How hard is to find a nice case to put my shirts in when I go away on business?

I'm bored of getting to my destination and having to get the iron out/send it to the hotel laundry service!

Everything I've found so far is either now not in production (stuffed shirts), I can't realistically get hold of (Battistoni) or are just 20p piece of plastic fake leather shite from Ikea...(e.g. One luggage)

any ideas? Or is google not lieing to me and there genuinely isn't anything out there!

Ideally looking for something that is going to hold a couple of shirts? Preference on the leather!

Cheers

Sazerac

Reaction score
Eagle creek Pack-it folders (not the cubes).

I like the 18" size, but but a 15" as well, because it allows you to pack an extra change of clothes into a briefcase.

The single best luggage innovation since the Rollaboard.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sazerac
Eagle creek Pack-it folders (not the cubes).

I like the 18" size, but but a 15" as well, because it allows you to pack an extra change of clothes into a briefcase.

The single best luggage innovation since the Rollaboard.

Have you actually used them? No wrinkles?

Sazerac

Reaction score
Yes, I use them all the time. Very few wrinkles, and even more importantly, the folds don't turn to creases if you fold them right in the first place. It comes with a rigid plastic folding template to help you get it right.

They're so so simple and work so well, I wonder why anyone didn't think of them before.

Lurch

Reaction score
I've seen the Creek ones but not impressed personally. I would like something that looks a little more in keeping with the rest of my gear i.e. leather wash bag, leather bag/garmet carrier, leather tie case etc... for me the battistoni is what i'm looking for...but I tried in vain to get Battistoni to sell me one direct, they didn't seem to interested to help and told me to talk to Barneys in the U.S., I spoke to them and they didn't seem all to bothered about shipping to the U.K. either...plus they were going on to say that it would have to be ordered and blah blah... Shame...now i'm just trying to find a version similar without the ballache!
battistoni1.jpg
It is pretty though!

Sazerac

Reaction score
The Eagle Creeks hold between one and five shirts and keep them in an almost totally wrinkle-free state while in a densely packed suitcase on long haul flights. But, no, they're not leather.

Well, good luck with everything.

rose04

Reaction score
I have both the 15 inch eagle creek folder and the 18 inch victorinox folder. I like the larger one a little bit better (if you can fit it), using it seems to avoid a few more wrinkles.

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use the Eagle Creek ones all the time as well. I pack 2-4 dress shirts, undershirts, plus my suit trousers. No real issues. Then again, I am not a stickler if there's a little wrinkle on my arm or something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics