Shirt, suit and tie combo

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bareblair, Jul 11, 2011.

1. bareblair

bareblair New Member

2. throwbookatface

throwbookatface Member

I may be wrong, but I thinkg shirt may be too casual for a suit and a dark tie - maybe a sport coat instead? Post a pic and you may change my mind, but I feel the black tie may get lost in a sea of color and lighter grey...

3. JakeGittes

JakeGittes Member

Hello,

That shirt looks like it has too spread a collar to go well with a slim tie, unless by "slim" you mean 2'' at least. Black colour could work, although a dark navy or maroon would probably be a better choice. I would suggest something on the casual side, like a woolen square-ended tie, or a knit one.

Which brings me to the suit: the shirt is certainly casual, even with a tie, so I agree about forgetting the suit and taking a sports jacket.

Regards!

4. stinsonbass

stinsonbass Senior member

I may be wrong, but I thinkg shirt may be too casual for a suit and a dark tie - maybe a sport coat instead? Post a pic and you may change my mind, but I feel the black tie may get lost in a sea of color and lighter grey...

I have to agree with you here. The shirt does look rather casual and would look out of place with a suit especially a grey one and on top of that with a black tie. If I was you I would reconsider this whole outfit and wear the shirt with chinos/sport coat or something similar to that.

[​IMG] But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't suit up. In fact SUIT UP! [​IMG]

5. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

You'll get some interesting responses here; mark my words.

My take: better stay away.

6. AB01

AB01 Senior member

It can work. With no tie though. Maybe no belt either. Better with a vest.