• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shirt studs sizing

J.Odelius

Reaction score
Hi,

I wonder if the shirt studs in my shirt is too small/short/thick?
I've tried to straighten out the placket but it keeps becoming rumpled.
I don't have to fight to get the studs in there or anything.
It might also be that I'm getting overly pedantic since the occasion will be quite an important one for me. :)

Should I opt for finding some other studs? And if so, any recommendations from where? Preferably in Europe.

rumpled_shirt.jpg

Last edited:

J.Odelius

Reaction score
Hi Jimmie,
Love the Tux. It does appear you have too few studs on your shirt. As a standard, there should be 4 studs on your dinner shirt, the 4th shown just above the jacket button. The remaining buttons will not be on display and so therefore will not require the use of studs.
Might I suggest you design your shirt, made to measure, at www.apposta.com, where you will be able to receive your shirt in 2 weeks, have it made to your body measurements in Italy, using the finest Italian cotton from the likes of Thomas Mason et al, and have it delivered cost free to wherever your base in Europe. It's completely risk free!

Hope you find this helpful,
Leonardo
Good evening,

My shirt does support 4 studs. However the 4th one is behind the horseshoe waistcoat I will be wearing.
I am very interested in your source for having 4 visible shirt studs visible with a closed jacket. I have been searching for a bit now but have been unable to find any sources or even historical depictions of such a shirt.
Furthermore your site doesn't even allow for designing a pleated shirt. Nor is there a possibility of designing a shirt without buttons to allow for shirt studs.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.