1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

shirt sleeves

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by zjpj83, Jan 26, 2005.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I prefer sleeves with a shorter gauntlet sans button (as they don't need it). If you're wearing the shirt with a jacket, you don't need the ability to roll up the sleeves.

Also, I hate how shirts with a long gauntlet allow cold drafts to flow straight up the arm in winter.

2. stuarts8

stuarts8 Senior member

I keep the Gauntlet button done up for a single roll up and also for several more folds. I usually fold the sleeves back twice. I leave the cufflinks in in all cases. Much easier than taking them out and having to put them in again later when you want to roll the sleeves down again. There is some tightness when more than a single roll up but I do not find that too annoying. Once you roll the sleeve up more than twice it is not a concern at all. I encourage you Jester, to leave the links in when you roll the sleeves up. It is easier, and is a cool look.[​IMG] Cheers Stuarts8

3. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

The one instance in which gauntlet buttons literally pain me is with a Borrelli shirt right out of the box and after the first few washings. The buttons are so thick, they are damned near impossible to slip through the buttonhole. Someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

4. jester

jester Senior member

Perhaps, but what will eventually happen is that I'll forget the links are still there, take off the shirt with its rolled-up cuffs, and toss it into the laundry, links and all. And then I'll have to kill myself.

5. stuarts8

stuarts8 Senior member

Originally Posted by stuarts8,Feb. 04 2005,10:26
    I encourage you Jester, to leave the links in when you roll the sleeves up. It is easier, and is a cool look.[​IMG]
    Perhaps, but what will eventually happen is that I'll forget the links are still there, take off the shirt with its rolled-up cuffs, and toss it into the laundry, links and all. And then I'll have to kill myself.
    No, you should roll the sleeves down before you take the shirt off anyway. [​IMG] Cheers Stuarts8

6. drljva

drljva Senior member

(jester @ Feb. 04 2005,12:27)
    I encourage you Jester, to leave the links in when you roll the sleeves up. It is easier, and is a cool look.[​IMG]
    No, you should roll the sleeves down before you take the shirt off anyway. [​IMG] Cheers Stuarts8
    I've done this myself on more than one occassion. :-/ Fortunately, the cleaners have always caught the error, and returned the links to me. :) JV

7. tdial

tdial Senior member

Borrelli shirts drive me crazy when I try to get the buttons through the sleeve (and the cuff, for that matter) for the first few times. They almost make my fingers bleed.

I have a Barba shirt that takes forever to get the button through. Yet another reason I prefer double-cuffs when I wear a tie.