1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shirt Querstion for Alex Kabbaz, part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by imageWIS, Mar 14, 2005.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Is it me or are the sleeves too baggy? I think the sleeve length is ok, no? Do the side slits line up? Does the bottom of the skirt look straight from the front / rear? As well should the shirt be tighter, or is the body fit fine? (the shirt is 100% Linen, btw) Anything else I missed would be greatly appreciated. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Sorry for the angled shot, I took this one, does the slit line up at the bottom i.e. straight, or is it uneven? : [​IMG] Right sleeve, laid flat (Should the sleeves "˜arch' like that at the bottom or should they be straight?): [​IMG] Left sleeve, laid flat (Should the sleeves "˜arch' like that at the bottom or should they be straight?): [​IMG] Thanks. Jon.

2. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Senior member

Dear Jon, This is not something I can do with photos of this quality. Also, assuming this shirt is bespoke, my policy has always been to refrain from commenting upon the work of other shirtmakers, either online or in person. I do not consider it to be ethical. Alex

3. cuffthis

cuffthis Senior member

The sign of a gentleman. Bravo, Alex

4. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

It is not bespoke. It is a recut RLPL. This is simply the pictures I was going to take for: http://66.170.193.77/cgi-bin....;t=9364 Jon.

5. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

The shirt looks fine.
    Remember linen should be fuller cut then cotton. IT creases and the sleves tend to bunch up by the end of the day because of that.

Enjoy it in the hot weather.

Carl

6. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Thanks for the response,

Why is linen cut fuller than cotton? You would think that with all the wrinkles, it would be cut slimmer so it looks straighter at the end of the day.

As well, that picture was taken just after I ironed the shirt, so it looks like that right out of the closet...taking that into consideration is it too baggy?

Jon.

7. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Senior member Dubiously Honored

I just think Linen looks best full and comfortable. I trim linen shirts just does not seem right. IMO

the wrinkles and fullness give linen shirts their appeal.

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I see. I am amazingly slim however, so what might look good on a "˜normal' sized person does not in fact look good on me.

Jon.