Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shirt Neck Roll/Back Pucker

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CloudLi, Nov 14, 2017.

1. CloudLi

CloudLi Senior Member

Hi, I noticed my suit neck roll is caused by the same roll on my shirt. Apparently I have either big or small neck roll on all my shirts, some of them are MTM. My suits are all in soft Italian fabric and the neck roll on my suits disappeared when I try them on with a t-shirt. Is there a cheaper way to solve this problem? I do not want to pay for bespoke shirts and do not want to replace my whole wardrobe. Should I expected the neck roll on MTM shirts or good MTM shirts should not have this kind of problem?

2. GBR

GBR Distinguished Member

The basic answer is that neither your suits coats nor your shorts actually fit you properly.

MTM is a lottery and depends on the skill of the salesman who measures (skill levels are frequently minimal) and the cut of the block pattern. Similarly RTW suits are another lottery - only bettered by MTM which can have the same problems and does not become obvious until the garment is made. That in turn breeds arguments with said sales person when you demand rectification.

If they are your measurements and were bought online, double the problems.

The easiest solution is not to worry about it, few will even notice; without a skilled cutter/tailor in attendance you will not cure this absolutely and pot luck would obtain.

So if it is so important, bespoke but first consider how much you life will be improved by that experience.

3. Luellwitz

Luellwitz Member

Solid advice. Similar problem but I honestly don’t get too worked up about it.