1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shirt fit-Help-shirt experts needed!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Walter, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Walter

Walter Senior Member

I purchased shirts from our friends at Jantzen and although the general fit is good,

Problem 1: it feels really tight under my arm. Whenever I move my arm towards the other side of my body, my sleeve rides up my arm because of the tension.
    Is this because the measurement for chest is too small?

Problem 2: Narrow bulges are visible (horizontal bulges) are visible around the stomach area. Could this be because the shirt is really long? (it is) Or is this because the measurement for wait is too small?

Thank you guys for your input.

2. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored

Can you post some pics? That would be very helpful.

The shirt length wouldn't cause the horizontal bulges. Sounds like it's too tight.

3. luk-cha

luk-cha Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

without upsetting anyone i think it could be the waste too small but like the DR said pic's would be a help - as for the arm do the buttons open if yess then too tight if no then the arm hole is too small or you just have big gun's!!

4. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Distinguished Member

If you can't lift your arms very much, the arm holes might not be in the right place.

5. Alexander Kabbaz

Alexander Kabbaz Distinguished Member

I purchased shirts from our friends at Jantzen and although the general fit is good,

Problem 1: it feels really tight under my arm. Whenever I move my arm towards the other side of my body, my sleeve rides up my arm because of the tension.
    Is this because the measurement for chest is too small?

Problem 2: Narrow bulges are visible (horizontal bulges) are visible around the stomach area. Could this be because the shirt is really long? (it is) Or is this because the measurement for wait is too small?

Thank you guys for your input.

Problem 1: Could be:
    • Sleeve too small
    • Armhole too small
    • Distance across back too small

Problem 2: This is probably because the hips (seat) are too tight which pushes the shirt up higher.

As previously said, photos would help.