• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Shirt cuff size?

GodAtum

Reaction score
My wrists are tiny (three fingers in my button cuff). I can also fit my hand without unbuttoning the cuffs. I guess this means they are too big? Any advice on where to get shirts with small wrists other then going bespoke? My sleeve length is between 33 - 35 inches.

Last edited:

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Band of Outsiders shirt which has pretty small cuffs. Apart from that I would suggest trying MTM.

recondite

Reaction score
Move the cuff button(s) and be happy.

My wrists are tiny (three fingers in my button cuff). I can also fit my hand without unbuttoning the cuffs. I guess this means they are too big? Any advice on where to get shirts with small wrists other then going bespoke? My sleeve length is between 33 - 35 inches.

Asian Afro

Reaction score
Can you have the cuff button moved? I've had that done on a few shirts.

Last edited:

jawboneofa

Reaction score
Thankfully, the style gurus on the Jersey Shore have already given you an answer! If you wear an insanely huge watch on each wrist, that should take care of it :smarmy:

In all seriousness, you can have the button moved, but if it's moved too far, I would imagine the cuff could start to angle in. If you can fit three fingers in your cuff, that might be an issue for you...

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Manton always said the cuff should be tight enough that the sleeve won't fall down when you lift your arm. At least I think he said that.

Anyway just move the button (or add another one). It might make the placket crooked, but who cares? Lots of companies make shirts with more than one button on the cuff.

GodAtum

Reaction score
My shirts are cheap ones anyway so I'm looking to slowly replace them with decent ones from CT. Should a hand be able to fit through buttoned up cuffs?

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Slow is the way to go. Get a feeling for what you like and what works best for you before you go out and buy a bunch of shirts. You'll be glad you did.

As far as sizing cuffs goes, you should look at where it falls down on your hand in relation to your jacket sleeves. If the cuff is too loose it'll fall to far down, too tight and it will ride too high up.

Generally speaking most off the rack shirts have cuffs that are too loose.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami