1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Shirt & bow tie decisions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by benniman, Jan 23, 2013.

1. benniman

benniman New Member

I am attending a christening soon and was planning on wearing a light grey suit and caramel shoes but am stuck for what shirt to wear and whether I should wear a tie or bow tie? Can any one help?

2. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Don't wear the bow-tie, let the baby have the spotlight. After all, it's his/her day.

I always thought bow ties are just a way of saying "hey, look at me! I'm quirky and different!" (but not so much original because many before me have already employed this tactic)

Don't get me wrong, there are some instances where I think it's okay, but if everyone else in the room is going to be wearing a regular tie and you are the only person wearing a bow-tie, than that's what I would think if I were there.

Just my two cents.

For the shirt, you can never go wrong with white.

(as you can tell, I'm pretty conservative)