Shirt arm length problem

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by tommib, Jul 28, 2006.

1. tommib

tommib Senior member

Can anyone recommend brands of shirts who have longer sleeves? In order for a shirt to fit me as slim as I like, the sleeves always come up really short on my monkey like arms. Tom

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I always found boss slim fit shirts to have super-long arms. The quality is absolute crap, but i have two of their casual shirts.

3. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Do a Jantzen or better MTM shirt, and thus avoid your unhappiness with RTW. Jantzen according to the forum is no more that Macy's.

4. thinman

thinman Senior member

Do a Jantzen or better MTM shirt, and thus avoid your unhappiness with RTW. Jantzen according to the forum is no more that Macy's.
    This is what I do (I have a 15" neck and 36" sleeve). I'm trying MTM shirts from Lands' End, Individualized Shirts (through a menswear store), Brooks Brothers, and custom from WW Chan. FWIW, the best fitting shirts so far have been Brooks and Lands' End (after 4-5 iterations).

5. gza

gza Senior member

If you want to overpay for the quality you'll receive, you can try the designer route. A lot of continental designers cut their shirts long and slim.

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I honestly don't understand what this comment means. If the suggestion that the quality of shirts one gets from Jantzen is no better than you'll get in an RTW shirt from Macy's, I don't think it accurately reflects the clear majority opinion among forum members.

7. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Senior member

I honestly don't understand what this comment means. If the suggestion that the quality of shirts one gets from Jantzen is no better than you'll get in an RTW shirt from Macy's, I don't think it accurately reflects the clear majority opinion among forum members.

I think he meant, "Jantzen is no more expensive than Macy's" RTW shirts.

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I think he meant, "Jantzen is no more expensive than Macy's" RTW shirts.
    Ah, thanks. I thought that might be it, but I wasn't sure.